ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: (When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

kjfuchs - When a device is not supported in a carriers network is usually because it has been manufactured to work with another specific carrier. 

Journeyman

I see - that makes sense. I suppose the question I have is:

I have a Pixel 3XL I got from Sprint (that obviously works on the network) - I bought the Active 2 and have a plan through Sprint, but it seems like the roadblock to getting the Active 2 to work is my Pixel 3XL. 

More simply: can I not use my Active 2 LTE because it's not compatible with my Pixel 3XL? Do I need to get another phone to make it work?

Journeyman

Did you get the watch from sprint? If so it should work fine.. if you got the watch from a third party, what company was it set up to work with? Just like each company has their own SIM cards the watches should be set up for certain carriers.

Journeyman

Yep - bought the watch from Sprint. 

Journeyman

Looking at the compatible devices off Samsungs webpage, the Pixl3 isn't one of them?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Yeah, saw the same thing.  I looked at the Active 2 page and it said only Samsung devices are compatible now https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch-active2/carrier/

I was hoping maybe someone here would say "I have a Pixel and it works" 

🙂 

Community Manager

I have a Pixel!!  And it don't work.  Only Samsung Galaxy devices.  I have to use my test Samsung Note 8 with my Active 2.

@kjfuchs wrote:

Yeah, saw the same thing.  I looked at the Active 2 page and it said only Samsung devices are compatible now https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch-active2/carrier/

I was hoping maybe someone here would say "I have a Pixel and it works" 

🙂 

Journeyman

Gotcha - thanks for the reply. I'm debating what to do next - keep and hope for Pixel compatibility or send it back.

Thanks everyone! 

Community Manager

Just keeping it real with you.  I do not anticipate any plans on making that happen.  Essentially you have a Bluetooth watch and you can get that from any WearOS device.  May I suggest the Skagen Falter 2?

@kjfuchs wrote:

Gotcha - thanks for the reply. I'm debating what to do next - keep and hope for Pixel compatibility or send it back.

Thanks everyone! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

You're the best. Thanks so much for the insight!

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am I just got 2 of these Active2 watches can you help me link them to the corresponding phones on my Sprint account if I provide all the information. Currently neither of them are working as standalone even though I went through the app activation process for both and customer service can't figure it out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat