cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send picture messages using Samsung Galaxy Note9 through Sprint?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Why can't I send picture messages using Samsung Galaxy Note9 through Sprint?

Probs sending MMS messages from Samsung Galaxy Note 9 using Sprint?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Why can't I send picture messages using Samsung Galaxy Note9 through Sprint?

I'm having the same problem. My previous note worked fine. Now, I cant send MMS thru wifi or data. Cant send any texts or even get online if I'm on the phone. I'm missing my old phone big time. This phone was supposed to be fast and an upgrade. It's slow and nothing works.

Journeyman

Re: Why can't I send picture messages using Samsung Galaxy Note9 through Sprint?

Ty..

Hey Bradensmom14! How long have you been having that issue? Is there anyone else on the account and are they having the same problems sending MMS? Are you able to receive MMS?

This is a known issue on this device as RCS is only being used for Text, not MMS as Sprint hasn't provisioned the Samsung messaging app on the back end with the requisite coding and will never do so as VoLTE was *Supposed* to have already launched in the Fall.

Big mess all around. Disappointing to be sure. 

Looks like iPhones win again (sigh)

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

Thanks...figured as such..I'm a new Note user so I just couldn't fathom not being able to send MMS through data service only. My Straight Talk phone allowed for MMS through wifi and data service.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Not sure what you are talking about Mike...RCS is RCS.  There is no Text only RCS or SMS only RCS.  Also, we have hundreds of thousands of Samsungs that utilize RCS  I can vouch for 3 of them, my wife, aunt, and mother, who uses a Note 9, S8, and S9 respectively.  

As far as unable to send MMS over wifi, that is usually due to the MMS token is corrupted.  You can usually resolve that by turning off wifi, then perform a ##SCRTN#, and after it completes, place back on wifi and then try to send one out.  That fixes the majority...other times a ticket is involved.

@SouthBay_Mike wrote:

This is a known issue on this device as RCS is only being used for Text, not MMS as Sprint hasn't provisioned the Samsung messaging app on the back end with the requisite coding and will never do so as VoLTE was *Supposed* to have already launched in the Fall.

Big mess all around. Disappointing to be sure. 

Looks like iPhones win again (sigh)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat