cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling location unavailable

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wi-Fi Calling location unavailable

I have not been able to get Wi-Fi Calling  working since the last operating system update.  I am no longer able to make calls or receive texts while using wifi calling.  I have a Galaxy Note 8. 

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

• I only need wifi calling when sitting at my desk at my office.  So I dont try it  other places.  I have had a notification repeatedly come up when wifi calling is NOT turned on telling me the wifi calling needs my location, such as at home.  I have 1 small bar of service in my office, hence my need for wifi calling.  And I have repeatedly had to toggle airplane mode on and off to get my phone to connect to regular lte in my break room. 
Highlighted

Gotcha! I'd like to know, is your device's software up to date? f not, we recommend you to update it. It should help you out. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Yes, in fact the problem started with the last update.

Highlighted

Understood! You should verify and update the Registered Location information regularly. Be sure to update your registered address each time when accessing a Wi-Fi network with the same name (SSID) that may exist in multiple locations. 

Go to Settings > Wi-Fi Calling. On some devices, Wi-Fi Calling is located in the Connections or Network & Internet Setting. Find the option of Update Registered Location.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Yes, I am aware of that and have deleted out my address and reentered it probably twice a week for last 3 weeks.

Highlighted

Yeah I know this can be annoying. Here is what happen. Before the recent update,the device got the location from the site, with the new update, the device gets the location from the device. The problem with that is that if you are in a poor LTE area,You will get this error.A suggestion is to give VOLTE a try. https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

We have two S20's and have tried all the suggestions in this thread.  Has anyone found a working solution.

Highlighted

Heyyy, good morning. Are you still encountering this issue? Have you recently done a factory reset on your device? Also, are you on the latest software version? 

Highlighted

Yes on the latest software version.  Factory reset not done and not an option at this time.

Highlighted

Okay, let's see what can be done to rectify this issue. 

Highlighted

Have you tried adding the feature through your account on Sprint.com? Go to Sprint.com/manage and select Sprint Wi-Fi calling to add it to your line. Then continue to activate it on your device.

Highlighted

I'm confused.  I thought wifi calling was done through the phone not through my account.  When I turn it on, on the phones I get the notification the location is unavailable a few time during the day.  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat