Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling unable to determine location

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wifi calling unable to determine location

I have a galaxy s8 and recently it started poping up unable to determine location. When I try and use wifi calling in a area where there is no cell service. Is there any fix to this before I change carriers. Sprint seems to be the only carrier with the problem. Will a factory reset fix this. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Wifi calling unable to determine location

Hi there. There were some changes made in the Android Pie update that altered how WiFi calling works. Where it previously used straight GPS to determine your location for WiFi Calling and 911 reporting, Android Pie now requires LTE GPS tracking. If you don't have a strong enough LTE signal, then WiFI Calling is unable to be used since your location can not be reliably pinged by the LTE GPS. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thank you. What is the best way go back versions of android then.with out doing a factory reset and losing almost everything. As I need wifi calling for work.  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Unfortunately we don't have any steps to offer on reverting your operating system back to a previous version. There may be tutorials available online through other channels, but nothing that is officially endorsed by Sprint as we can't guarantee your device functioning appropriately after being altered. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat