cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

I want to buy the new Galaxy Watch. This will be my 1st smartwatch. I am currently trying to weigh the advantages of the LTE version vs. the bluetooth version. However, it won't really make a difference if Sprint doesn't offer the LTE plan/watch. Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Sprint will offer the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch. Thanks to anyone who can help. 

121 REPLIES 121
GrandMaster

Re: Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

its likely. they brought in the Apple watch series 3 so there is a strong possibility they might bring this one in as well..or if anything allow one to be brought to Sprint and added onto a line of its own.

@DIVATOLOGIST wrote:

I want to buy the new Galaxy Watch. This will be my 1st smartwatch. I am currently trying to weigh the advantages of the LTE version vs. the bluetooth version. However, it won't really make a difference if Sprint doesn't offer the LTE plan/watch. Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Sprint will offer the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch. Thanks to anyone who can help. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

@DIVATOLOGIST wrote:

Yes, we will get it. 

Journeyman

Hi there,

Any idea when it will be available? When I spoke to an employee at my local Sprint store, he seemed to think it could be released at the same time as the Note 9, which has not been the case. Also when I called Sprint sales today they had not idea what the Galaxy Watch even was.

GrandMaster

has it already been released from Samsung?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes. It was released on August 24th (at least the BT edition, although I think you can purchase the T-Mobile LTE one in store as well and certainly online), and you can even pick up the BT one in most stores now and on Amazon.

GrandMaster

the BT one isnt the problem..that one doesnt need its own line..the LTE one would however.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right. It also has 2x the RAM and still retains wifi and BT, so really the best option. Unfortunately, it doens't seem like Sprint knows if they are getting it, which is why I wanted to know whether an employee here might have more info.

GrandMaster

3rd post. read under his name.

unless its been publicly announced somewhere he wont be able to say when until they are given the ok to say so in here.

Community Manager

It's looking like it will be released from Sprint sometime in November, folks. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Yes Sprint will get it. i beleive its on hold to make sure it will work with network and to add there own stuff to it. bit sprint has confirmed they will get it. they just dont have a release date yet

Journeyman

After talking with a sells rep for nearly 2 hours yesterday heres the scoop they said currently they dont offer this watch but you can get it from any other company or from ebay in the lte version and they will gladly allow you to add it to your plan but its in the works to get the next version of it for us consumers 

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

its likely. they brought in the Apple watch series 3 so there is a strong possibility they might bring this one in as well..or if anything allow one to be brought to Sprint and added onto a line of its own.

@DIVATOLOGIST wrote:

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat