cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

I got it through sprint but the setup for the watch as standalone is not working. Cant make calls or text unless its connected to my phone.

Journeyman

When will the 42mm lte version in black or black silver be available 

Journeyman

When will the 42mm LTE version in black or black silver be available 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 46 mm black and silver and the 42mm rose gold is available online. 

Journeyman

42 mm black I have no clue when they will get it.

Journeyman

calls wont work on it as sprint does not fully support VoLTE yet.

Did you get LTE to activate though on a plan?

My issue is it tells me it can't on my device and my device is an S9 from samsung.com...

Only thing I can think of is either my factory unlocked device is treated different by sprint (like many other serivces, RCS, voicemail, caller ID etc.) or something else funky is going on.

Also for those of you wanting 42mm in black get it from Samsung.com it's the exact same watch. It is supported on t-mobile, verizon and sprint as listed. Just VoLTE on Sprint is not yet supported.

Anyway if any others could share what device they activate with if it's factory unlocked or not.

I'm getting no help and find it silly that my Samsung phone tells me my provider doesn't support on this device and Samsung tells me it's a Sprint issue Smiley Sad

I also think until Sprint can get VoLTE working they should charge 5 bucks a month lol but just my opinion.

Journeyman

If VoLTE is not working why buy the LTE version? 

Journeyman

SMS & Data. VoLTE will be enabled in the coming months.

Also even if you don't use the LTE portion the LTE watch has more RAM too.
Community Manager

If it isn't my old nemesis @BryanX.  We meet again.  LOL!  PM me your phone number and I can check for offending SOCs.

And for those who are keeping score, these Samsung devices are compatible with the Galaxy Watch

4G LTE

• Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S8 Special Edition, S8+ Special Edition, Galaxy S9, S9+, S9 Special Edition, S9+ Special Edition, Galaxy Note 8, Note 8 Special Edition, Galaxy Note9, Note9 Special Edition, Galaxy A6, Galaxy J7 Refine, Galaxy J7 Perx, Galaxy J3 Emerge, Galaxy J3 Achieve

Bluetooth

• Samsung, other Android Devices: Android 5.0 or higher with 1.5GB RAM and above
  • iPhone:  iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 or above

• See Complete List of Compatible Bluetooth Devices Here

Journeyman

It supports LTE just not VoLTE "yet". That said they do seem to have issues with activation which can hopefully be sorted soon.
Journeyman

Online with sprint tech's and there apple watch technicians for 3 hours. Repeating the steps of start up. Apple watch techs, like really sprint. Just for them to tell me I may get a better answer in store. Take it to a sprint store for three reps to eventually tell me that the LTE functions is not yet totally available. So I should cancel the LTE service and wait until their system is caught up. 

Journeyman

Give more then 5 bucks back how about the whole 15. Tech told me to just cancel the service and wait

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat