cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

I want to buy the new Galaxy Watch. This will be my 1st smartwatch. I am currently trying to weigh the advantages of the LTE version vs. the bluetooth version. However, it won't really make a difference if Sprint doesn't offer the LTE plan/watch. Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Sprint will offer the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch. Thanks to anyone who can help. 

121 REPLIES 121
Highlighted

Did anyone get an update as to when Sprint will support standalone calling? 

 

Also, Best Buy said they don't expect the Sprint Watch until the "unlocked problem" gets fixed. According to them the watch is no different when unlocked but there is some bug that is causing hookup problems. Anyone have info on this or status update?

Highlighted

they are already launching VoLTE in markets..only unknown part is which markets are getting it and when.

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

A software update will allow standalone calling should be released in early 2019.

 


@BABELF1SH wrote:

Did anyone get an update as to when Sprint will support standalone calling? 

 

Also, Best Buy said they don't expect the Sprint Watch until the "unlocked problem" gets fixed. According to them the watch is no different when unlocked but there is some bug that is causing hookup problems. Anyone have info on this or status update?


 

Highlighted

Wow next year. No bueno. Watch is going back. That's horrible. 

Highlighted

Any info on why the LTE standalone is not supported on the galaxy watch. Read a post about an update will be coming 2019, really. And why dont they offer the black 42 mm?

Highlighted

Sprint has definetly dropped the ball on this one. LTE not supported as standalone and no black 42mm. Horrible. 

Highlighted

because they are still in the process of launching true VoLTE would be my guess. once they have the majority of their main areas covered i can see them kicking an update to allow it to use VoLTE.

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

THIS!

 


@fireguy_6364 wrote:

because they are still in the process of launching true VoLTE would be my guess. once they have the majority of their main areas covered i can see them kicking an update to allow it to use VoLTE.


 

Highlighted

Samsungs website is back to only showing t-mobile as a carrier if you buy direct from them. Does this mean bad news for generic unlocked watches working on any carrier?

Highlighted

@babelfish, dont think so is a problem, i bought mine at tmobile, and was able to connect with sprint without problems
Highlighted


@hmerazo1 wrote:
@babelfish, dont think so is a problem, i bought mine at tmobile, and was able to connect with sprint without problems

@hmerazo1So are we saying it is fixed? Can i buy the one from best buy then and have it work with Sprint?

Highlighted

@babelfish, i could not say for sure, but i guess that it works, my tmo watch is exactly same model number as the one at best buy, i connect it wuth tmobile in september, when sprint announce it i was trying to connect with sprint but wasnt possible til last week
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat