cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Go to solution
Community Manager

Re: Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

I'm not sure, I have not worked Business Care in a decade.  My want to ask your account manager or Biz Sales.

@AmirNawaz786 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@DIVATOLOGIST wrote:

I want to buy the new Galaxy Watch. This will be my 1st smartwatch. I am currently trying to weigh the advantages of the LTE version vs. the bluetooth version. However, it won't really make a difference if Sprint doesn't offer the LTE plan/watch. Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Sprint will offer the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch. Thanks to anyone who can help. 

Yes, we will get it. 

We have a business account with a line of credit and the option to pay in full for items, spread out across 12 equal monthly payments. Taxes due upfront. We've gotten bluetooth speakers, AirPods and one of the Star Wars BB8 remote control Sphero droids on it before. 

Will we be able to grab the Galaxy Watch like this?

Journeyman

Okay, so I ordered the watch and they came in today. I am going through the LTE "mobile service for your watch" and when it gets to sprint it says "Sorry - we experienced a system provider problem during your task" and it fails. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way around this or is the Best Buy/Sprint issue still exist?

Journeyman

@BABELF1SH just keep trying, it happens to me a couple times

Community Manager

Wow, talk about bad timing.  The software version that is needed to activate with Sprint was pulled last night due to a reboot issue with watches paired to T-Mobile devices.  This will impact Sprint customers that purchased a device in early November from National retail or samsung.com on RH1 / RH8 firmware but have not tried to activate it.

@The problem is unique to Galaxy Watch models on software version RH1.  Sprint and Samsung have a fix expected to be in an upcoming software release. If you are currently impacted, call Samsung for resolution @ 1.800.SAMSUNG.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

Okay, so I ordered the watch and they came in today. I am going through the LTE "mobile service for your watch" and when it gets to sprint it says "Sorry - we experienced a system provider problem during your task" and it fails. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way around this or is the Best Buy/Sprint issue still exist?

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Wow, talk about bad timing.  The software version that is needed to activate with Sprint was pulled last night due to a reboot issue with watches paired to T-Mobile devices.  This will impact Sprint customers that purchased a device in early November from National retail or samsung.com on RH1 / RH8 firmware but have not tried to activate it.

@The problem is unique to Galaxy Watch models on software version RH1.  Sprint and Samsung have a fix expected to be in an upcoming software release. If you are currently impacted, call Samsung for resolution @ 1.800.SAMSUNG.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am ..... You Have To Be Kidding Me!! ..... lol, sigh.

I will check the version when I get home but I bet that is the problem. Is there an official reference number for this issue when I call Samsung?

Community Manager

I met with Samsung this morning and was not given any reference number.  Only to contact Samsung or wait until the software update.  Unfortunately, I was not given any timetable on the update.  If Samsung gives you any trouble, let me know.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

I will check the version when I get home but I bet that is the problem. Is there an official reference number for this issue when I call Samsung?

Journeyman

I am not seeing firmware version. Just tizen 4.0.0.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

I met with Samsung this morning and was not given any reference number.  Only to contact Samsung or wait until the software update.  Unfortunately, I was not given any timetable on the update.  If Samsung gives you any trouble, let me know.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am they are giving me problems. It took forever for her to find someone who knew of the problem. I had to keep pushing. They had no clue at first and said I needed to go to Sprint or go to Best Buy. Anyone but them. Then she found someone who knew of an issue and said she has no info on when it will be fixed. She did say other carriers don't have problems. lol Was she hinting I should switch carriers? (sigh... less than helpful)

I had to ask her to escalate the issue and had to push to get them to contact me with info. She rather wanted me to just call back in 72 hours to see if there was an update. 

I don't know what to do. I have a small window for returns. Any help would be wonderful.

Community Manager

I just reach out to Samsung asking what is the expectation when one contacts Samsung Care...standby.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am they are giving me problems. It took forever for her to find someone who knew of the problem. I had to keep pushing. They had no clue at first and said I needed to go to Sprint or go to Best Buy. Anyone but them. Then she found someone who knew of an issue and said she has no info on when it will be fixed. She did say other carriers don't have problems. lol Was she hinting I should switch carriers? (sigh... less than helpful)

I had to ask her to escalate the issue and had to push to get them to contact me with info. She rather wanted me to just call back in 72 hours to see if there was an update. 

I don't know what to do. I have a small window for returns. Any help would be wonderful.

Community Manager

I just got out of a meeting with Samsung and told their care department has implemented an alert to agents regarding how to handle.  They will give the customer the choice of waiting for an OTW update or sending the device to them for a manual firmware update.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am If we send to them for a manual update, how long will the turn around take? Also when will the OTA update roll out? 

Is this issue just a compatibility issue? Is this issue something I should be concerned about or just wait for OTA? When dropping almost 1k on two watches, this type of initial issue becomes concerning but I don't want to overreact.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Community Manager

As far as the turn around time, that would be a Samsung question.  Regarding the issue, it's what I described previously  

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am If we send to them for a manual update, how long will the turn around take? Also when will the OTA update roll out? 

Is this issue just a compatibility issue? Is this issue something I should be concerned about or just wait for OTA? When dropping almost 1k on two watches, this type of initial issue becomes concerning but I don't want to overreact.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat