Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

So yous is the unlocked version

Journeyman

mine is not unlocked, it's from tmobile, but as I mentioned, I think it's just marketing because they're exactly the same model

Tags (1)
Journeyman

Got it.

Journeyman

Do you think it is worth the extra seperate service?

Journeyman

So to be clear, and maybe someone from sprint can confirm, if I buy this from Best Buy I should be able to hook it up at Sprint? Best Buy is telling me no and Sprint Store was telling me no. With all that said, I am also hearing that the model number from these two places are the exact same so I am rather confused lol.

Tags (1)
Journeyman

@Kareem0713 at this moment definitely no, no Volte, so just can use it for texts, no voice calls

Journeyman

@BABELF1SH wrote:

So to be clear, and maybe someone from sprint can confirm, if I buy this from Best Buy I should be able to hook it up at Sprint? Best Buy is telling me no and Sprint Store was telling me no. With all that said, I am also hearing that the model number from these two places are the exact same so I am rather confused lol.

@Em_Will_I_Am are you able to comment on this? I would like to buy from BestBuy but have it able to hook up with Sprint. I am receiving mixed reports as to whether this is possible or not. Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

You can activate the watch on Sprint, but you will not be able to use it as a standalone phone until next year after a software update.  

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am are you able to comment on this? I would like to buy from BestBuy but have it able to hook up with Sprint. I am receiving mixed reports as to whether this is possible or not. Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am I wonder why I am being told that it can't be done. Both Sprint Store and Best Buy have told me that the watch can only be hooked up when it is purchased from the Sprint Store.

I understand the aspect of needing to wait until next year for the standalone phone feature.

Community Manager

It's the exact model number.  During activation through the Samsung app, it is to determine your carrier and dispense the appropriate software.  There are folks in this thread that have purchased it from Sprint, T-Mo, Samsung, etc. and it worked.

@BABELF1SH wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am I wonder why I am being told that it can't be done. Both Sprint Store and Best Buy have told me that the watch can only be hooked up when it is purchased from the Sprint Store.

I understand the aspect of needing to wait until next year for the standalone phone feature.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am Sounds good thanks! I will buy it this weekend and head to my Sprint Store to hook up. As long as it is able to hook up, I am good. I don't plan on keeping it hooked up. At least not until next year when VoLTE rolls out but I don't want to run into any "that is not the right watch for Sprint" type problems. Will report back

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@DIVATOLOGIST wrote:

I want to buy the new Galaxy Watch. This will be my 1st smartwatch. I am currently trying to weigh the advantages of the LTE version vs. the bluetooth version. However, it won't really make a difference if Sprint doesn't offer the LTE plan/watch. Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Sprint will offer the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch. Thanks to anyone who can help. 

Yes, we will get it. 

We have a business account with a line of credit and the option to pay in full for items, spread out across 12 equal monthly payments. Taxes due upfront. We've gotten bluetooth speakers, AirPods and one of the Star Wars BB8 remote control Sphero droids on it before. 

Will we be able to grab the Galaxy Watch like this?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat