cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch?

Do you know if it will be available on Samsung website as well as Sprint or only on Sprint?

Secondly, if I buy the lte model but don't hook up the Sprint service yet, will the watch "complain" at all? Like with a phone that is not hooked up, it complains about no service. If I just keep it as bluetooth model for awhile, will it complain about lack of lte connectivity?

Lastly, any word on monthly cost for lte service with Sprint?

Can't wait to get the watch for my wife and myself!

Community Manager

@BABELF1SH wrote:

Do you know if it will be available on Samsung website as well as Sprint or only on Sprint?

Samsung usually have their products on their website.

Secondly, if I buy the lte model but don't hook up the Sprint service yet, will the watch "complain" at all? Like with a phone that is not hooked up, it complains about no service. If I just keep it as bluetooth model for awhile, will it complain about lack of lte connectivity?

There will be no complaint.

Lastly, any word on monthly cost for lte service with Sprint?

It will be similar to our Apple Watch plans.  $15 or $10 per month with autopay.

Can't wait to get the watch for my wife and myself!

Journeyman

Knowing that timelines can change, are we still on track for Oct 25th release?

Community Manager

I believe so.  There was a meeting this morning I missed.  I'm waiting for the notes.

Journeyman

I had gotten in touch with my local sprint and they confirm that it will be available on the 25th, but only to order for direct ship to the corporate run stores.

Journeyman

This morning I awoke to a parade coming down my street. Clowns, Trapeze artists, the full "Greatest Showman" effort. It was amazing. Every person held up full banners of "Sprint is selling Samsung Watch!". My phone was still charging so I didn't get any pictures... 

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/smartwatch-wearable-tech/samsung-galaxy-watch.html?credit=G3&plan=pln...

Journeyman

So the next question is can Sprint activate a Samsung.com or BestBuy purchased one?

These devices use eSim similar to Apple but I can't find any info on it.

Are the Sprint purchased ones pre-programmed essentially on the eSim?

The Sprint selection is poor (no 42mm black for example) and the pricing also isn't the best as have better discounting on Samsung.com due to account level perks for student, business or otherwise.

Journeyman

I saw on the samsung website that sprint is not supporting stand alone voice calling but plans to in the future, although not a deal breaker for me I still hope they support it soon as that is a big function to leave out for a lte smartwatch.

Journeyman

Hmm. What does that mean? Your phone would have its own number?

Journeyman

When your watch is away from your phone and only connected to lte you won't be able to make phone calls.

Journeyman

Its that the definition of lte though??? So what does that mean? Only data will work? Internet seems less important to me than receiving calls on a watch when away from the phone. Well both are important lol. Am I missing something?

Journeyman

Everything else will work fine you just won't be able to make or take a phone call from your watch unless you are connected to your phone through bluetooth. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat