cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge work on Sprint network?

Journeyman

Will a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge work on Sprint network?

Hello Sprint Community. First of all, I would like to apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. I am new here and haven't learned my way around yet. Anyway, I recently found out about Sprint's 1 year of free unlimited deal, and am very interested. I currently have the Galaxy S6 Edge on Verizon, and I would like to bring it with me to use on Sprint. Whenever I check on the bring your own device page, however, it says that it is not eligible. This doesn't make a lot of sense though, since both Verizon and Sprint use CDMA. My understanding is that the LTE high speed data part may not be compatible, and that's why it's coming up as incompatible. But my phone should still work with the 3G network, which is plenty fast for me honestly (I currently have it switched to 3G only anyway). So would I be able to still bring it over and use the Sprint 3G network for unlimited data? And if not, what are my options to still be able to take advantage of this offer? Thank you very much in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Will a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge work on Sprint network?

Welcome to our little slice of heaven. LOL Here on the community you'll find a wealth of info on just about everything. And don't worry about posting in the wrong section, if it needs moved, one of the mods will do that. 

Here's a smidge of info on the 1yr free: 

- available 1/11/19 - Limited Time. Introductory pricing through 3/31/20

- This plan is only available online - www.sprint.com/1yearfree.

- This plan is not proactively offered

- Upgrades for BYOD lines activated on new BYOD - Unlimited Plan will be allowed 4 months (120 days) after the line's activation/port-in date.

- If you need assistance, our dedicated TS site or Care Chat can assist the customer at 866-782-8777.

- Customers purchase a Sprint SIM card online for $2.99 and shipping can be waived.

- eBill and AutoPay are required, helping Sprint lower costs.

- The monthly recurring charge is $5, but $0 after $5 discount for active AutoPay. If AutoPay is cancelled the cost is $5/month/line.

- *$2.50 Administrative Charge and $0.40 Regulatory fee are applied per line, per month and applicable state and local taxes are charged.

Here's a handy dandy link to see if your current phone is eligible: https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/bring-your-own-phone.html?id16=byod

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

these are the accepted Sammy devices listed for the BYOD

Samsung
Galaxy Book 2
Galaxy Note 8

Galaxy Note 8 Special Edition

Galaxy Note 9 Special Edition (SPH-N960U1)

Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition

Galaxy S7 Special Edition

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8 Special Edition

Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

Galaxy S8+

Galaxy S9

Galaxy S9 Special Edition

Galaxy S9+

Galaxy S9+ Special Edition

Galaxy Watch

there was also a list of devices no longer accepted that im trying to locate..one of the agents will probably beat me to that one lol.

found the list..it isnt mentioned in there..however its also not mentioned above either..it might be one of those "gray area" devices..the agents will need to fill in the blank on this one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So there is still hope that my phone will work?

Also how do I get in touch with an agent so they can confirm it?

You can run the IMEI # through the BYOD link to see if the phone is eligible. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I did. It said my phone wasn't compatible, but I don't buy that. Sprint and Verizon both use CDMA, so the phone should be compatible with the Sprint 3G and Voice network. Perhaps the LTE won't work, but I can do without it as long as I can get the unlimited data on 3G

I sent you a PM to gather a smidge more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

GrandMaster

Verizon is the same way though. taking a quick look at their site they wont allow in the S6 Edge/carrier unlocked either. they only go back to the 7 as well.

@samc777 wrote:

So there is still hope that my phone will work?

Also how do I get in touch with an agent so they can confirm it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's such a shame that the S6 Edge is locked to one carrier. I would love to be able to use mine on Sprint. I'm really hoping one of the agents or technitions can force it to still activate or something like that, because 1 year of nearly free unlimited service is just way to good to pass up. If for some reason they are completely unable to get my phone to work, what would you guys suggest I do in that situation? I would rather not be have to stay on our current 2GB plan with Verizon. I could definitely use more data, especially with all my upcoming trips and travels, when WiFi is never available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat