cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abysmal phone signal on the S10+

Journeyman

abysmal phone signal on the S10+

Is anyone having any phone connectivity issues with their S10+? I have been dropping calls left and right. My signal at work has been horrible. Where i was getting signal with my S9+ I am sometimes ROAMING with the S10+. Data hasn't been great either. I've spent more time on 3G than with a 3G phone only phone! I usually have domestic phone and data roaming off on all my phones, but having those off, I am noticing my phone's signal being non existent in places where i normally have signal with my previous S9+. Don't get me wrong, this phone is amaaaazing but man, either the phone's radio software isn't up to par or i have a dud phone. 

Tags (1)
69 REPLIES 69

Re: abysmal phone signal on the S10+

Hey Snipedad! We are pushing out a software update to fix any issues the S10 and S10+ may be experiencing.  Have you checked for software updates since activating?

Yes indeed. the day I got this beast there was an update. Did that update. Checked yesterday, and about 2 minutes ago. As of right now, the S10+ is up to date 😞

Send me a PM.  I'd like to push a network refresh from our end and try some other troubleshooting.  I'm also going to pass this up to our tech guys and see if they're hearing similar issues from other customers who upgraded or activated an S10/S10+.

I am having the exact same issue and have the update already

Send us a PM, Canedogs06.  I want to look into the account.  Have you performed the software update, and is it just calls that are dropping or are you having data issues as well?

I'm having the same issue. My connection used to be perfect with my s9+. With the s10+ my lte speeds are very slow and I can't even connect 

Journeyman

Haven't had any issues with texts or calls dropping however I barely have any upload speed on LTE.  Download speeds are erratic.  Same results in several different cities in my area today.  Have done the only update available as well as updated PRL and profile. 

Journeyman

Dont get me started on profile updates or PRL updates.... those take over 5 to perform on my phone. I get a lot of cannot perform update messages. The only way I can do this (currently on my phone) is via WiFi. It shows me connected to LTE, but mostly 3G, at one point it said 2G and 1xRTT (via Cell Network Info app) but I get no data through those. Getting a lot of sync error messages from Google and Samsung because it can't back up any of my info. Starting to become overtly annoyed with this phone. To top it off, I cant go back to the S9+ because I already sent it in via UPS for the lease return.... annoyed

Journeyman

I just cant get over paying for a glorified 1000 dollar brick that lights up unless im on wifi. "but  thanks for your patience. our teams are working on it" doesnt help one bit. from what i have read this is only affecting  s10 plus on sprints network.

Journeyman

Well that's unfortunate..... this is what I'm dealing with  slower than 3G speeds

Screenshot_20190308-191011_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

Journeyman

Add me to the list. I am having same signal issues on my S10+. Everything is updated.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat