cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s7: bottom half of screen darker than top half

Journeyman

galaxy s7: bottom half of screen darker than top half

today my screen was half normal (top half) and half darker (bottom half) - noticeable when viewing light backgrounds. i thought maybe my keyboard got burned into the screen but after a while the darker half reverted back to normal. in frustration i did a factory reset and everything was good for awhile. but now the darker half appears intermittently.

i believe there was a software update sometime in the past week but not sure if that's related.

any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. thanks

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: galaxy s7: bottom half of screen darker than top half

google how to boot your phone into safe mode in case its app related. are you noticing this while in a certain app or just while its at the main screen?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Happened a few times after factory reinstall but has happened again. Fingers crossed. To answer your question it happened viewing home screen, not specific app. Had not installed or uninstalled any app so thinking os related... maybe?

GrandMaster

yeah perhaps. if anything you can boot the phone into safe mode to rule out it being caused by a rogue app or combo of apps not playing nice with each other.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It is happening on mine now, just started a week or so ago. Happens on apps, home screen, anytime. I turn off screen for a few minutes, then go back to home screen and it is normal for a while, but won't last. 

Journeyman

I ran into the same issue. Instelling the newest update solved it for me so i'd suggest instelling or reinstalling the newest software update

Journeyman

*installing
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat