cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with the screen turning on during calls

Journeyman

issues with the screen turning on during calls

Has anyone else had issues with the screen turning on during calls? My face has ended up hanging up on people, dialing other people while I'm taking to someone, and various other things. I initially had my lock screen off but even with it on again, same problem. I've been reading complaints similar and the cause seems to be due to the double front camera. Apparently, the proximity sensor was positioned in a location that is hindering the functionality. The only solution I've found is either talk through speakerphone or Air Buds, which are pretty spectacular, at least. This is happening with my Mom's S10+, as well. Really bad when your face hangs up on someone and dials someone you did not want to speak to, all kinds of awkward. 

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: issues with the screen turning on during calls

@JBNYC9 wrote:

That's great news, thank you. Now for something totally different; has anyone else had issues with the screen turning on during calls? My face has ended up hanging up on people, dialing other people while I'm taking to someone, and various other things. I initially had my lock screen off but even with it on again, same problem. I've been reading complaints similar and the cause seems to be due to the double front camera. Apparently, the proximity sensor was positioned in a location that is hindering the functionality. The only solution I've found is either talk through speakerphone or Air Buds, which are pretty spectacular, at least. This is happening with my Mom's S10+, as well. Really bad when your face hangs up on someone and dials someone you did not want to speak to, all kinds of awkward. 

I do not have this issue but I suspect that it has something to do with how some people bring the phone to their ear during the call. I did a quick test and it seems that the sensor is located close to where the cameras are located. The position is a bit off center, which can be the factor why some people experience this issue.

Journeyman

If you make a phone call you will see a little pixel blink above the signal bar. This is actually where the sensor is.

That said it does seem somewhat flawed. Hopefully they can slightly increase the sensitivity. A lot of people are running into this. It's like if it hits a bigger open space in your ear (IE further away) it turns the screen on.

GrandMaster

for those seeing this..who has a screen protector on and who does not? could be a overly sensitive proximity sensor with the addition of the screen protector..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've been having this issue since I got the A50. I've tried everything... Every single call my screen changes... It eithers mute, dial the person I'm talking to, dials somebody else's phone, switches to text messages, and hangs up in the middle of a conversation. My 30 days is not up yet, so I'll be returning it and hopefully I can get an older phone because I've been reading nothing but negative reviews about the A series and the 10's. My Galaxy S6 was better than this. It's too many Samsung built in Apps on the A50 and it's annoying.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy 1SEXYLILMAMA. I think that going into a store is a great idea. They should be able to run some diagnostics on the phone, and with you being within the 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee, you should be able to get a different phone. Keep us posted on how things go. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat