Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music transfer from mac (itunes) to galaxy s8

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

music transfer from mac (itunes) to galaxy s8

I am having trouble transferring any music bought on itunes to my Galaxy s8.  I've tried to use apps like doubletwist, but the app isn't showing up as available on the mac computer app store.  Any ideas about how to transfer music?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

The most traditional way to move music from Mac to Samsung S8 is to use the built-in File Explorer on your Windows computer. If you select this means, you can complete the transmission by copying and pasting- copy the songs on computer and then paste them onto your device. Now let's see how to copy the music to Samsung S8 with File Explorer:

1. Use a USB cable to connect your Samsung S8 to computer.
2. Next, you can open the File Explorer or click the Browse Files and Folders on the Auto-Play menu.
3. Then you can navigate to This PC> Your Device Name> Phone Storage/ SD Card> Music.
4. After that, you need to open a new File Explorer window and locate the music you like.
5. Now you should Copy or Cut these songs.
6. Finally, you can go to the Music folder on your device. Then right click the mouse and click Paste to move the songs to your phone.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Hi 1519york 🙂 You can use the good old drag-and-drop method.

What version of the Mac do you have?  

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the S8/S8+...and a Mac user!

Thanks for being a Sprint customer. While I don't use iTunes (I am a Spotify fan and user), you should be able to use DoubleTwist. However, you may need to either find a Samsung specific driver for Mac. Or, you can try using one of the following tools:

AirDroid - works similar to AirDrop...but for Android devices connecting to Mac.

Android File Transfer - for OTW (over the wire) drag-n-drop file transfers.

Hopefully one of these will work with DoubleTwist to sync tunes to your device.

~Ninja_CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted

@Ninja_CJ wrote:

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the S8/S8+...and a Mac user!

Thanks for being a Sprint customer. While I don't use iTunes (I am a Spotify fan and user), you should be able to use DoubleTwist. However, you may need to either find a Samsung specific driver for Mac. Or, you can try using one of the following tools:

AirDroid - works similar to AirDrop...but for Android devices connecting to Mac.

Android File Transfer - for OTW (over the wire) drag-n-drop file transfers.

Hopefully one of these will work with DoubleTwist to sync tunes to your device.

~Ninja_CJ

One more question, Could protected music from iTunes store be able to moved to S8 with Android File Transfer? Thx

Sprint Product Ambassador

Good question. I think it likely depends on nature of the "protected music" on iTunes. If you're trying to copy music from iTunes that's part of iTunes Radio or Apple Music then I'd say you're out of luck. If the music files are simply DRM protected by iTunes then your options may open up a bit, all be it still limited.

"Back in the day" the only way to get around DRM protected music files was to burn the music to a writable CD (CD-R), and then re-rip the songs to your personal music library as mp3 or another non-proprietary format. Now a-days there may be more options. But I'm not sure any of those options are free (no additional cost). I'll post a link to an article from USA Today titled "How to free iTunes purchases from DRM" that may be helpful.

Hope this helps. Good luck. 🙂

~Ninja CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted

For me to transfer data between Android and computer , like the Gmail acount , it is one of the tools that I use a lot, 

we can transfer your messages ,photos , videos ,music from from Android to computer or other device , we can search the details online by yourself ,you need the help of a professional android data transfer tool because the music are not accessible directly when your phone is connected to the computer. Also you can use gmail to sync your music. Transfer music between Mac and computer ,

Source : How to transfer Samsung galaxy messages to computer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

As I know, there are some ways to help us transfer music from mac(iTunes) to Samsung Galaxy S8, such as Google Play, Manually Transfer or Using Android Apps. About the details, you can check here. 

Highlighted

You might try Samsung Smart Switch which will work with a Iphone as well to transfer things.. 🙂 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The most traditional way to move music from Mac to Samsung S8 is to use the built-in File Explorer on your Windows computer. If you select this means, you can complete the transmission by copying and pasting- copy the songs on computer and then paste them onto your device. Now let's see how to copy the music to Samsung S8 with File Explorer:

1. Use a USB cable to connect your Samsung S8 to computer.
2. Next, you can open the File Explorer or click the Browse Files and Folders on the Auto-Play menu.
3. Then you can navigate to This PC> Your Device Name> Phone Storage/ SD Card> Music.
4. After that, you need to open a new File Explorer window and locate the music you like.
5. Now you should Copy or Cut these songs.
6. Finally, you can go to the Music folder on your device. Then right click the mouse and click Paste to move the songs to your phone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

you can try with dr.fone - Transfer (Android), it can help to transfer music from iTunes to Samsung S8 easily. Watch this video about dr.fone

https://youtu.be/BOZOMqgSKhc

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat