cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new S9+ Sprint ID Error

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: new S9+ Sprint ID Error

I have had my mobile date restricting background set to always for weeks and this still occurs!  Is there even a development fix in the pipeline or are we on trial/error until we get exhausted of complaining?  

Community Manager

I will have to defer to my previous posts.  Hard reset the device within Sprint coverage.  So far 100% success rate.

Wizard

Yeah it sounds like some might have a issue with how something was activated or basically how the original setup was done. It's always good to activate the device first and in a good coverage area as well to make sure everything can communicate well.  This way everything gets setup correctly on the first run especially when setting up a device fresh out of the box.  It will save folks from having to do a possible rest on the device.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

Could you give exact instructions on how to do the "hard reset" to fix things? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

First and foremost, make sure you are logged in with your Google credentials.  This ensures items such as contacts and apps are backed up.  You may want to backup pics also.  Go to settings, search for "backup", tap backup and make sure it is turned on.  By default Google backs up App data, Call History, Device settings, Photos & Videos (with Google Photos), and SMS text messages (not MMS).  Once you are completely backed up then off to reset.

Same thing, go to settings and search for "reset"  and you should see an option that says "Erase all data" or "Factory reset".  Tap that and follow the steps for factory reset.  Once completed, you simply sign in with your Google credentials.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phones-Devices/SOLUTION-Unable-to-install-all-contents-1-code-400-on...

Journeyman

Ya know......rather than go through all that I'll just suffer until my contract expires and go with a carrier who is customer friendly

Journeyman Mv
Journeyman

I feel Sprint should give us a patch to fix this....the update jacked us up!
GrandMaster

the update was a Samsung update that messed this up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman Mv
Journeyman

Right, and Sprint should send a patch to fix it....this is getting old!
GrandMaster

which Samsung would have to work up and test prior to Sprint testing it before it could be fired out to you all. which even prior to this they must figure out what the cause was in the first place..and no the update itself cant be pointed at...something within the update yes..but they must figure out what and then figure out the fix.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Nope, I'm on an LG V30 and having the same problem...

Journeyman Mv
Journeyman

So then it's not Samsung....only a Sprint issue, which makes sense to me because the other carriers are not having this issue. I've talked in length to AT &T and they haven't seen this at all.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat