Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 9 will not send or recieve mms when roaming or on wifi calling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

note 9 will not send or recieve mms when roaming or on wifi calling.

This is sad really.  I went from having known bugs with my s7 until I finally upgraded to the note9.  Once I get back home I find that the note9 has an issue that is 100 times worse.  When at work (imagine that I need my phone), I cannot send or receive MMS messages.   I have called tech support and spent hours on the phone waiting or talking to someone with a language barrier reading from a script of what to tell me.  So I decide to go BestBuy and raise hell with them.  Well the sprint Rep at Best Buy, was kind of hush, hush about it but did say something about resetting the MMS token.  He dug back thru his messgages, had the best buy tech do something out my sight, phone rebooted  and I left the store.  When I got back to work it worked perfectly for about 2 weeks.  How do I do this?  It was not a simple reset, and it did not clear out all of my network settings either.  One tech did this and I was so frustrated.  

Please help?  Sprint knows what it is doing, my unlimited plan should have me covered.  But I guess Sprint is just trying to throttle usages to increase profits.  I found out later that is exactly why S7 had its issue, even though I had unlimited data, after so long I would have to reboot my phone to get it to connect.  They do this to cut down on LTE traffic on crowded networks.  I think people with other plans get priorty.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: note 9 will not send or recieve mms when roaming or on wifi calling.

rdestep - I see your point. You're paying a lot of money for a phone with less features. I mean, MMS are super important, I get it. As for the throttling comment, Sprint like every network, will slow down your connection ONLY when you used more than 50GB's of data during a billing cycle and if the network is constrained. Sprint wants to make sure all our customers have a fair share of access to the network. If this is the case, Sprint WILL notify you.

Let's work on the MMS issue. Sent me a Private Message with your name, phone number, account PIN or answer to the security question. We'll go over some troubleshooting steps and hopefully get this issue resolved. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I send you a private message, it is not obvious when I click your link.

Using EDGE on windows 10

Highlighted
GrandMaster

click on his name..top right once in his profile should be the option to send him a PM.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat