cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Carrier Hub" "Processing Requests"

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Carrier Hub" "Processing Requests"

I've recently upgraded from a Galaxy S10 Plus to a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G. The primary motivatiing factor that made me pull the trigger was that I found that the battery of my S10+ was draining rapidly, and that drain coincided with the appearance of a brand-new notification in my notifications bar: something called "Carrier Hub" that was constantly "Processing Requests." Was that new notification the cause of the battery drain? I can't say -- correlation, after all, is not causation -- but I like to keep my notifications clear, and I couldn't get rid of it, and my phone was actually going under 10% after a day's use -- when previously, it was a rare day I got under 50%. 

Now I've had the Note 20 Ultra for a couple of weeks, and, while the battery life hasn't been a problem, I've still had that "Processing Requests" notification from the "Carrier Hub" running constantly. I shut off notifications from "Carrier Hub" last night, so it's not there annoying me, but I know it's still constantly running, running, running. 

I have two theories:

1: "Carrier Hub," being a Sprint infrastructure app, is having compatibility issues with the T-Mobile network, and that's why it's showing up as a pegged notification.

2: "Carrier Hub" isn't as well integrated with the newest Android release, and Android now shows it as a notification when it used to just hum along in the background.

Anybody have any light to shed? Anybody have a better solution than shutting off the notifications? (I mean, lt's be honest, shutting off the notification is the cell-phone equivalent of putting a piece of black electrical tape over your "Check Engine" light!)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

and this is with the Note 20 correct and not the S10? i know both currently have some issues that came in after an update..just wanting to make sure which one its happening to.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The battery isn't draining on the Note 20 Ultra 5G, but the "Carrier Hub" "Processing Requests" notification showed up withing the first hour I had it, and hasn't gone away until I shut off notifications for Carrier Hub.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

and if you go into your apps...does it happen to have a waiting update?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat