cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clear restrictions" warning?

Journeyman

"Clear restrictions" warning?

I sold my Galaxy S8+ to another individual.  After several factory resets, he continues to receive a "Clear restrictions" dialog box approximately every 5 minutes when the phone is turned on; he can cancel out of it, but it will close everything that is open.  He went to a Sprint store and they did not recognize it and told him only that it might still be connected to an old account.

See attached image for the dialog box.  Any thoughts?  I finally got the Google account lock removed, so it shouldn't be associated w/ that.bNjgiCQz.jpg

47 REPLIES 47
GrandMaster

Re: "Clear restrictions" warning?

did he by chance go into a sprint corporate repair store or just a sprint store?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just bought this Samsung Galaxy S8+ from eBay and I am getting this same message. What should I do? Return the phone?

Sprint Social Care

Hello @GjTheGman,

We'd like to know more about your case. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sure! I have been talking to the sprint agents (CSR, Sales, Technical, Fraud protection) since last night. No one has been able to help me so far. So you can try now too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Were they able to help you. I am having the same problem and am trying to see if anyone knows of a solution. 

Journeyman

Hi Joel, 

If you know of a solution to this I also am having the same problem. 

Wizard

When you sold your phone, did you request it to be unlocked?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

No I'm the buyer in this situation. I bought my note 8 from a used phone reseller (Gizmotrader). When I received everything was is fully functional except every 5 minutes or so a Decice restricted message will appear informing me the phone is on a lease. It has an option to clear the restriction which I assume will stop this message from appearing but I need a passcode which I don't have and in store sprint associates don't know either. 

Journeyman

Do you think that unlocking this device might solve the issue?

Wizard

That's what I'm thinking. Unfortunately the original owner would be who needs to request that.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

That is unfortunate. I doubt the reseller has any contact with the original owner. But I will contact them regardless to see what they can do. In the meantime, hypothetically speaking, if I was to find a way to unlock it myself. Would that also solve the problem?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat