cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clear restrictions" warning?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: "Clear restrictions" warning?

Hypothetically, it's possible. The other possibility is that this restriction is one the original owner put on the phone and forgot to remove it. Have you completed a factory reset on this phone?

If you can get the first and last name of the original owner, we might be able to complete a unlock ticket. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge more info.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone arrived already factory reset. I set did all of the initial setup when I first turned it on. I just contacted the company I bought it from to see if they have any information on the previous owner. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

OK. Let me know once you get that info.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Lol dont waste your time my phone is unlocked, the previous owner and I went to sprint store and they told me that it is unlocked and paid in full but the message still shows after two months. Sprint have just done something that they have no solution to, because I've called them various times for two weeks till I got tired of it. They will lie to you and tell you to do something and reset the phone and everything will be good to get rid of you, one of them even hang up on me because I was with them for too long. Its just so frustrating how stupid sprint is for doing this and not having a solution to it.

Wizard

Hey @Bellmo97, I'm going to send you a private message so I can check and see if the phone shows unlocked.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I have the same issue (clear restrictions screen) when I purchased my s9 from a previous Sprint customer who had a balance still owed on the phone.  The phone itself was clear to be activated as she authorized it to be removed from her account, but is there a way to have it unlocked on my account which is in good standing?

Wizard

Good morning otherpaul. Since you stated that the phone still had a balance with the previous owners account, we wouldn't be able to unlock it. When we submit tickets for an unlock, the phone has to be completely paid off. Also the original account holder would need to come here or give us a call in order to get it unlocked.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Have been to the store and spoken with Sprint techs. Someone, please help fix this issue. 

Journeyman

Hi, I have the same problem and I want to ask you if you found a solution? 

I appreciate any help or information.

Thanks 

Wizard

Hey there. Lets work together to figure this out. I'm going to private message you to get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I call 888 number Sprint Finance and found out the phone need to be returned just give them the IMEi number and they can give you the status of the phone. 

I send a couple screen shoots to the seller explain and they accept to return the money. 

I don't recommend to spend more time on a phone the still on lease. 

S9+ you can get berween 500 to 550 9/10 condition.

I qualify for a new upgrade but the good deals are only for new customers I hope that merge with T-Mobile bring good deals for customers. 

Journeyman

I bought an S9+ on eBay after getting assurances from Sprint's CR that I can activate it. Once I received it and attempted to activate the phone the activation won't push through. Later the phone locked up stating it is a Lease Phone. Something about either returning the phone to Sprint or payoff the balance. Performed hard reset and noticed the only way to get the phone to get to the opening screen was to not get it online as once I did a message locking up the device will pop up and lock it eventually. A message stating "Clear Restriction" pops up, asking for a password. I called Sprint and Samsung but neither companies could provide the password. Does anyone know how to get the password?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat