Did you mean: 

"Clear restrictions" warning?

Journeyman

Re: "Clear restrictions" warning?

I have the same problem and unfortunately i don't live in the US

Can anyone help me please

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You would need to reach out to the previous owner to have them remove the restrictions. 

Journeyman

Katey 88 is right. This needs to be solved by the previous owner. In my case it was sprint's error, but the previous owner still had to correct the issue before I could use my phone. When the previous owner of my phone paid off the phone someone at Sprint marked it cancelled, which prompted the warning to come up o my phone when I bought it. The former owner opened up a case regarding the phone with Sprint and gave me the case number.  I was fortunate enough to have a very honest seller who was willing to work with me. If this was purchased at a store or dealer, it's their problem, and you need a new phone. errors do happen, and sellers are generally honest, as long as they have a high sell rate and a good rating, they will do what they have to to keep that rating. If it was a phone purchased through some sort of dealer, they need to take it back, send you a different phone,  and resolve the issue before putting it back up for sale. Good luck!

Journeyman

Obviously i don't know the previous owner.However,I'm going to return it to the seller and have them send me another one.

Thank you for your help

You're welcome. For any unlocks, you'll need to know the previous owner's name. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Im having this problem after trying to switch my number from sprint to at&t and now the message is seemingly permanently on my phone

Howdy xxlassi. Have you completed a factory reset on the device? Are you the original owner of the phone? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I am not the original owner, but I had used the device for something like 3-5 months before switching to at&t and then the problem occured 

It may be tied to the original owner.  Many times unlocking a phone can cause some features not to function, or lock. A freind of mine went from 1 carrier to another (neither Sprint) and she received the same message. But she was the original so she knew the pass code. Is there anyway to reach out to the original owner to see if they have the pass code? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I had a fully unlocked phone from the owner on the sprint network for quite a long time. I only had a problem after I switched carriers. When calling support they tell me my phone is unlocked

Journeyman

Hello,

I use Boost Mobile. I recently swapped phones, my new one being a pre-used model of a Samsung Galaxy S8 that I bought from the Boost Mobile website. The phone shows the same "device restricted" screen, something about how Sprint still owns the phone, with an option to "clear restrictions" with a password. I would like some help with this, because as far as I know only me and my provider have had this phone.

Hi Ben! You'll need to reach out to the team over at Boost Mobile for assistance.  While they operate off of our network, our team over here doesn't have access to Boost Mobile accounts. Their community pages can be accessed here:

Boost Mobile Community

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat