cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sprint" covering notifications on the notification bar

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Sprint" covering notifications on the notification bar

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note10+ and since the day I got it this little issue has been driving me crazy. Whenever I unlock the phone, "Sprint" is displayed in the notification bar and replaces all of the notifications. Luckily it doesnt stay there forever, but long enough to be a huge nuisance. Some times it will disappear after a second, sometimes closer to a minute. In this time I cant easily glance at what notifications I have when I access my phone (the entire purpose of having a notification bar in the first place). Is there any way of disabling this as it seems like a completely pointless feature that's only getting in the way? Not sure why sprint thought that was necessary at all and frankly it's the little issues like this that are making me resent Sprint as my cellular provider.

20200114_094023.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the only way to get Sprint off the top there is to jump to another carrier so THEIR name can replace it at the top there..Verizon does it..TMO does it...you can guess who else does it as well.

as an example..this thread is from Verizon..from about 5 years ago...and their phones still have it up there..im staring at one right now

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Lock-screen-has-lost-notification-icons-and...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I have a note 9 that came with android 9. This issue just started since I upgraded to Android 10. It's insanely annoying. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat