Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Go to solution
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: s8 plus text message ringtone for content

this is happening across the board..there isnt much Sprint or anyone can do until Samsung kicks out another update to fix it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Also noticed that my speed dial for Voicemail does not work. I used to be able to press 1 and it would take me to my voicemail. Tried it yesterday, and getting a recording saying the phone number i am trying to reach is not valid! I hate this last update!
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just talked to a rep. at Samsung. She said they are aware of the issue. We will have to wait patiently  until a new update is issued. Great....got to listen to the screaming GOAT every time someone texts me! UGH! Also told her the issue with my speed dial to voicemail. She made note of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yesss and that's crazy.. hope they send out a update to fix it soon

Journeyman

Yesss I know.. seems like Samsung trying to stop us from customize our phones like we like it ..that was the point of us being with Samsung cause we was able to make our phones ours

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yesss

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that is android period. oddly enough you can probably pop over to any other texting app and get this ability back. its just a mess up on their end for their stock app.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'm seeing posts related to other phones that have been updated to Oreo with same results, I suspect that this is a change related to the OS it's self, not just Samsung's customization of Oreo, however one suggestion that stands out for me is installing SMS popup to set tones for individuals, and turn of the stock app's notification sound.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you saying to install a popup to set tones for individuals and then turn off stock app's notification sound? How? I installed an app to get cool notification sounds as well as ringtones. They were added to the stock list. So how are you supposed to "turn off stock app's tones" and use only the installed apps?
Highlighted
Journeyman

3-31-18.  Got update, still no changes on text notifications for seperate contacts.  Dang!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

has anyone tested with any other non stock samsung texting apps to see if you get the ability back or not? since its mentioned above that the ability goes to the wind on some other non sammy devices after Oreo im guessing this wont  work but until its tested its still unkown.

recommend using the Google version of messaging just in case...and if another app is going to be tested as well try possibly Textra or Handcent

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know right..still no fix yet

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat