cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Journeyman

Re: s8 plus text message ringtone for content

I tried the SMS Pro app but it still would not change what it is set on. It's STUCK on the Screaming Goat and I am about to toss this phone out the window!

GrandMaster

your scenario is a tad bit different though. Will is working with you in the other thread correct? at this point you are probably going to have to do a hard reset on the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I was referring to the application named SMS Popup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.everythingandroid.smspopup&hl=en ) It may help from what I've read.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

I got word back in the way of a confirmation that custom, per contact tones cannot be set for SMS/MMS because the way notifications are handled in Oreo.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

What can be done?

GrandMaster

you can try some of the apps in the play store to see if they might be able to bypass this but more than likely nothing can be done unless google/samsmung fires something back out to switch this ability back.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Wow smh

Journeyman

No for text!

GrandMaster

no for texts what?

Wizard

So I switched over the Android Messages so far so good and I like some of the additional features it has as well. I would recommend everyone give it a try.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

Same here! That was one of my favorite features. 

Any updates on this? 

GrandMaster

any changes will be coming from Samsung on this one..which no one will really know of until the day of release maybe the day before lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat