Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Go to solution
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: s8 plus text message ringtone for content

thats the main reason i used Handcent for so long. WAY more options when it came to notifications both audible and visual. ditto with Textra.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

We want it fixed!!  Different text notifications for different contacts USED TO BE THERE! Oreo took it away!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yesss say that again  I know I had it on my phone as well  b4 oreo update and I didn't have to have the 3rd party apps for it 

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah never recall seeing that feature in the default Text App but again Text Features are more controlled on the App end than the device in most cases. Text Features will Always Vary from App to App there plenty to choose from. 🙂  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea sad case .. hope they fix it tho

Highlighted
Wizard

@MAY23LOVE1 Where was this feature listed and which App because setting a text tone or specific sound for a text for contact will be done in a Text App.. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was where u can go under contacts name and It had ringtone and it had  Message tone to set .. now it doesn't no more on the Samsung s8 plus phones and I didn't have to download a 3rd party app to set it up .for text messages to know who was texting me with a different tone for text messages..

Highlighted
Wizard

Again most likely this was a feature with Contacts or the default Text App either way if the feature was there before or gone now the App will have to be updated to be able to use that feature. If people want to be able to use certain specific features the limitations will be on the App your using. So if individuals choose to stay with what they have used before you will have to wait on the App Developer to make those changes. If not then there plenty of other options to choose from but the Default Samsung Apps at times can be slow to update and will determine what gets added or subtracted like with any App.  So again it will depend on the App itself and whoever develops it to add those things this this why people don't all use the same app when it comes to texting so forth. .

Highlighted
Journeyman

20180320_111147.jpg

This how it was now its not after the oreo update 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now its like this will the oreo updateNow its like this will the oreo update

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah I see that all I'm saying is after a OS update the App Dev will have to make changes to their App to adjust for the update to Oreo. Especially if this feature was there before the latest update to Oreo again some apps have already have a current build for Oreo. I never used the feature so I can not not Say if Contacts had that listed there before Oreo. If it did then they will have to either add it back with Oreo Support.  This is something from what I have read that other user have ran into with other devices and other carriers with Oreo so it will vary on how the app will run. The Contacts App is a Galaxy App so it will have to see what they do so I will keep a eye out to see if there any changes or a fix. 

Highlighted
Wizard

@MAY23LOVE1 could you check something for me on your device on my device when you go to Contact Settings do you see where it says Customization Service?  What is the Status of yours mine says Paused.  Yeah not for sure what it does but again this feature is something that will have to be updated most likely since the Oreo update. 

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat