Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Anyone with the S8 plus notice that we don't have the ability to assign text message ringtones to contacts any more? Now all text messages have the same ringtone and I hate that. Does anyone know if this was an oversight by the developers of the official Oreo software? I hate not being able to know who is texting with everyone having the same ringtone. Please do anyone knows or have any knowledge that we will get it back sooooo.

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted

I tried the SMS Pro app but it still would not change what it is set on. It's STUCK on the Screaming Goat and I am about to toss this phone out the window!

Highlighted

your scenario is a tad bit different though. Will is working with you in the other thread correct? at this point you are probably going to have to do a hard reset on the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I was referring to the application named SMS Popup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.everythingandroid.smspopup&hl=en ) It may help from what I've read.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted

I got word back in the way of a confirmation that custom, per contact tones cannot be set for SMS/MMS because the way notifications are handled in Oreo.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted

What can be done?

Highlighted

you can try some of the apps in the play store to see if they might be able to bypass this but more than likely nothing can be done unless google/samsmung fires something back out to switch this ability back.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Wow smh

Highlighted

No for text!

Highlighted

no for texts what?

Highlighted

So I switched over the Android Messages so far so good and I like some of the additional features it has as well. I would recommend everyone give it a try.. 🙂 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! That was one of my favorite features. 

Any updates on this? 

Highlighted

any changes will be coming from Samsung on this one..which no one will really know of until the day of release maybe the day before lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat