Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

s8 plus text message ringtone for content

Anyone with the S8 plus notice that we don't have the ability to assign text message ringtones to contacts any more? Now all text messages have the same ringtone and I hate that. Does anyone know if this was an oversight by the developers of the official Oreo software? I hate not being able to know who is texting with everyone having the same ringtone. Please do anyone knows or have any knowledge that we will get it back sooooo.

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted

@Hinote6713 wrote:

Same here! That was one of my favorite features. 

Any updates on this? 

Last I heard they (Samsung) were working on it, but no firm date.  I would assume all resources are on their upcoming devices for now.

Highlighted

Figured it out! first step is to go into "My Files" find the audio MP3 you want as a notification. Click and hold it so that it gives you the option to copy the file. Then, search "Notifications" in the "My Files" Folder and an internal storage folder should be shown named "Notifications", open that file and paste the MP3 into that folder. you can then go into your sound settings and you should be able to select the file as an option. Best of Luck!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing, Tom!

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat