cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install default 1code: 400

Journeyman

Re: unable to install default 1code: 400

I have been on wifi mostly but it happens no matter where I'm at. I can browse. 

Journeyman

Will this take my phone back to default settings?!

Journeyman

Frank1234567,

Yes, it might take your device to default settings. Did you performed the steps already?

Journeyman

No, I dont want default settings 

Journeyman

Frank1234567,

In any case, I will suggest you  to visit one of our Sprint stores for better assistance. The fastest way to get your issue resolved is to visit a repair store where one of our expert repair technicians have the tools and equipment to see exactly what you are experiencing.

Service and Repair completes additional steps to diagnose and resolve the issues, so bring device. As issue you are experiencing could be due to a number of reasons, and attempting to diagnose it over the chat could lead to incorrectly identifying the device issue.

Journeyman

I understand, will do.   Thanks for your quick responses and suggestions! 

Journeyman

Frank1234567,

Your very welcome. Hope you can resolve this. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Journeyman

I think this worked! Thank you!

Journeyman

Spoke too soon. Error message is back 😩

Journeyman

In that case @Dantheman1099 I would recommend you to take the device into an sprint store to have a technician checking it. This since all troubleshooting steps were already provided. You can use our Sprint Store Locator to find the nearest one to you: http://sprint.co/1MJqD1f

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

did the rest and did not work. went to sprint and they need to take my phone for the day and i will lose all my pics because they have to wipe the phone.   great job sprint.  total waste of a whole day to try to keep pics and reinstall software to phone just because of an update.

Journeyman

I tried this and it didn't work.

EDIT: This was posted in reference to the post containing

1. On the phone dial pad, press ##72786#.

The problem I'm having seems to be with Sprint ID.

I see notifications that Sprint ID is doing something then a dialog appears with the  "unable to install default 1code: 400" message. It keeps appearing sporadically but often enough to interfere with using the phone.

There are no other details such as which Default can't be installed.

I notice that it installs apps with the option of uninstalling them but they continue to reappear. Apps like Hulu and Secure Wi-Fi. Why allow uninstalls of these if they are just going to get re-installed without asking?

I found an option in the notification that allows sleeping for up to 2 hours.

This is completely ignored.

What I need is a way to disable Sprint ID (or a fix to prevent the popup dialog).

It's becoming increasingly difficult to use my phone (LG V30+).

I'm thinking of breaking my contract and moving to another carrier if I can't get this resolved.

EDIT 2: I have done a Factory Reset after backing up everything to the SD.

It's currently in progress. I will report when it is done.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat