Wizard

Re: unable to install default 1code: 400

Hi there. What's going on?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

apparently nothing. curious as to how many hrs a day sprint is working on this problem. this has gotten beyond absurd!!

Wizard

Check this out.  SOLUTION: Unable to install all contents 1 code: 400 on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, and S9+

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

thats a joke right? that was discussed numerous times at the beginning of this thread......it doesnt work

Journeyman

Unfortunate LG G6 Sprint customer here. 

This issue (and a host of others) had made my phone pretty much unusable after the nightmare update that is Oreo.  Some of the wonderful nonsense I have experienced:

-The original update failing to install (which was automatic) and bricking my phone, which was then sent to LG to fix 

-Phone crashes every 10 minutes or so, during navigation, phone calls, and just sitting in my pocket

-The incessant crashing of all Google-related services and apps

-The incessant crashing of any other apps when the google crashing begins

-My phone randomly getting hot and crashing, trying to reset, and then hanging at the LG splash screen

-My phone randomly not getting hot but still crashing, trying to reset, and then hanging at the LG splash screen

-My phone simply turning itself off (like it was installing some update) and not turning itself back on

After sending my phone to LG for two weeks, finding and following a bunch of fixes online, I have now whittled the problems down to this issue. This error comes up all the time, all day, making my phone experience miserable.

I have hard reset this phone multiple times. This does NOTHING on the LGG6 under Oreo, so if you are considering it (like many other poor souls in this thread) don't bother.  It will not resolve the issue.  To learn this is related to a Sprint app that cannot be disabled is disappointing, to say the least.

My Sprint customer service experience to get the phone: 

-I order the phone and attempt to setup service via telephone,  where the Sprint rep instructs me to drive to the nearest Sprint store to complete the transaction, while I am on the phone with him.  Turns out he tried to do this to ensure he would get the sale. 

-I get a call from the Sprint store over a week later to come pickup my phone at the store. I stop by to pick it up, and wait there for two hours until a CS kid at the store tells me he has no idea where my phone is and then jokes it may be in fantasy land. After tearing that little cupcake a new rear-end,  I again wait for another hour and a half while a manager attempted to track down my phone in IC. After nearly four hours in the store, they inform me my phone was shipped to the wrong store.  I drive to that store myself to pick up my phone. 

I have had smartphones since the Palm series, and have been on Android since the first Motorla Droid with the slide-out qwerty (which STILL seems to work fine) across nearly every provider. My Sprint experience (across the board) by far, has been the worst.  It has not even been close.

As of right now, I am counting the minutes to get out of this contract and going back to Verizon or ATT.

Sprint, FIX THE ISSUE.  How many customers are you willing to lose?

Journeyman

sorry to hear you have it so bad, I also have an LG G6 and all issues started with oreo upgrade, mine was bad but no where near that bad, I tried to stay away from doing a factory reset until it got increasingly worse, lucky for me the factory reset fixed all my phone issues, it has been about 3 weeks since I did it and all has been fine, I agree Sprint has been horrible regarding this issue

Journeyman

Yeah, from a technical standpoint all my problems started with Oreo as well, with my phone bricking just attempting to automatically install it and things going downhill from there. 

The sad part is that my last phone (a Verizon Note 5)  went to heck right after the Marshmallow update with similar symptoms. The phone would not crash or hang, but the constant app crashes made it unusable. Verizon was absolutely no help with customer service, so I switched to ATT prepaid for a while and now am on a contract with Sprint. 

I'm glad you no longer have the issues. How is your battery life now that you appear to have everything sorted?  It seems to me Oreo has hammered my battery life as well.

The last hard reset I did as soon as the phone booted Apps started crashing again.  I appear to have everything resolved now except for the 400 install error, but that still makes the phone nearly unusable. 

To be honest, my experience with my last two phones is making me consider Apple. And I HATE Apple, but my GF has had next to no issues over the course of her last two iPhones.  My phone will crash during phone calls and texts, which is unacceptable. 

Google needs to stop adding features and fix what they have.

Journeyman

before I did the FR and was getting the 400 error my battery life definitely was not as good as it had been, in addition to the 400 error, I was getting the Amber alert sound after every call I was on ended,  after the FR my battery life has been fine, I am also an anti Apple guy but stuff like this will make you consider it, nobody I have spoken to on Android and on Oreo on other than Sprint has experienced the issue, my daughter has a S7 Edge on Sprint and she hasn't experienced any issues after the Oreo upgrade? whole thing is very odd and random

Community Manager

Sprint fam, I'm closing down this discussion as it's not only run it's course, we're now bragging about abusing Sprint employees.  Please see the Community Guidelines for why that's not ok if you're actually confused.

As to the problem discussed herein:

It appears that the majority of issues remaining are with LG users but as mentioned here previously, we're not able to duplicate the issue with any of our devices.  @Em_Will_I_Am has put out a call for a customer willing to send us his/her device that has the problem so that we can grab those logs, of course we will be exchanging your device for one we have on hand.  If you are interested in doing that, please send a PM to @Em_Will_I_Am.

If we get new information regarding the issue with LG G6s without receiving an example, we will post it in the LG G space.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat