cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install default 1code: 400

Journeyman

Re: unable to install default 1code: 400

I am having the same issues... Am unable to find an app labeled "Sprint ID" so not sure how to change settings or delete.

Journeyman

@Ephraim2, have you try performing a hard reset on your device? If not, make sure you have backed up all your data and then do a factory reset on your device.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I took my phone to the Sprint store and the tech gave the best answer:  There's a glitch in the new S9, and it will continue to pop up until Sprint sends a patch into the system to fix the phone.  We just have to be patientSmiley Frustrated

Journeyman

Does doing the brand reset dial, ##27263# lose any user data? What might happen to the data on my phone before I try this on my LG V30+? I started getting this error after the system provided update to Oreo.

Sprint Social Care

@DBTRADE, this step will reset the provisioning parameters and Pre-Loaded application brand customization, but leaves all customers personal data intact (including applications and contacts).

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is also happening to me on my LG G6. I recently gotten the Android Oreo update and I'm seeing sporadic errors pop up.

I've updated the PRL Profile, updated firmware, updated software, and it's still happening at random times.

Journeyman

I put my phone in airplane mode at night. I'm the morning I would see that error, which was merely annoying until I needed the map app for driving.

When driving, it would popup and force the map into the background at the most inopportune moments.

The brand code reset did nothing.

I downloaded a network data monitor and have traced it to the Sprint ID service. When it first pops up, I force stop on the Sprint ID and that keeps it quiet for a very long time if not the rest of the day.

What I really need is a way to uninstall Sprint ID. It seems dangerous to lose my navigation app while driving and am concerned about an accident while messing with popups.

While I back up my phone regularly, factory resets always seem to miss something. No, I think it's better if I could uninstall Sprint ID. Obviously, a bad implementation of it for Oreo was released. Since it's a bad Sprint ID, not only will I lose something on a factory reset, but it may come back unless it was fixed for Oreo. And if it was fixed, how about a patch?

Journeyman

I wrote a reply to this a while ago.  I took my phone to Sprint and the technician said there was nothing they can do until Sprint creates a patch to fix this problem.  This thing still drives me crazy.  I'll be texting and that thing pops up and have to do it over again.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Same issue on LG G6.  I've tried everything suggested.  When is this going to be patched?  There is obviously a bug that is causing the SprintID to continuously try to install the "default configuration" apps like AAA, 1weather, Tidal, etc...This junk isn't wanted or needed anyway, but you are forcing us to keep it on our phone, while also badgering us with the error code.  The phone is unusable in this state.  Something needs to be patched ASAP.  Stop telling people to go to the store or factory reset the phone, IT DOES NOT HELP.  This is extremely frustrating. 

Journeyman

superman6. The factory reset has worked for other users with the same issue, have you tried performing it?

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

A factory reset is a cheap answer. Wiping a phone is lazy answer to fixing a problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat