cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install default 1code: 400

Journeyman

Re: unable to install default 1code: 400

And one more side note... If you're going to force things on people (meaning phone companies, not you personally), why not take the time to test it before deploying?  This is the third time I've been hit in the wallet and in my time by unwanted "upgrades".  How does that help customer loyalty in the long run?

GrandMaster

have you ever been with any other carrier? and if so did you notice they had their own apps and junk in the phone? its the name of the game..buy a carrier branded device and you get what comes with it..no matter which carrier you are with.

if you noticed the thread you are in now is decently large but mainly the same people posting with a few random add ins here and there..so its not fully across the board with this issue..so there IS a reason this is happening but thats where the issue is with finding it..what do you that are seeing this have in common with your devices? when testing is done its usually done on a bare bones no 3rd party apps device or group of devices..same goes for every update you receive etc..

not trying to be a smart arse..but you can turn off auto update on your device.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

@dvanheeckeren wrote:

And one more side note... If you're going to force things on people (meaning phone companies, not you personally), why not take the time to test it before deploying?  This is the third time I've been hit in the wallet and in my time by unwanted "upgrades".  How does that help customer loyalty in the long run?

I don't take it personally, but testing is down, but you cannot test every scenario.  There are a lot of moving parts involved.  I've personally have shut down this entire site during coding.  Spent 8 hours just to discover I put a period somewhere it should not have been.

And to fireguy's point regarding your earlier questions about unwanted, it's the name of the game.  It's not isolated to carriers, but virtually regarding software.  If company X comes with a bag of money, you may as well listen. Network upgrades are expensive.  True, the app installs apps or bloat, but it also brands the phone and provides direction.  It is nothing new, I tested this years ago on flip phones.

Journeyman

So after reading all of these messages, is the gist that Sprint's own SprintID app is causing problems that Sprint STILL can't fix? At least not without those unfortunate customers - paying 50, 80, 100+ every month - potentially losing some, if not all, of the things they actually WANT on their phone? But it's not that big of a problem since, "so what, all phone companies put apps on their phones which serve little to no functional benefit to the individual customer other than throwing the occasional, impeccably-timed error message?" 

That's all well and good, I guess, but it also seems as though the 'common customer's' suggestion that, at the very least, Sprint's own, un-deletable app (literally bearing the company's name, no less) should work properly following an update (or be able to be fixed in less time than has elapsed since this issue appears to have been discovered) ought to be given more consideration than a lazy excuse that's only going to make sense to a fraction of the public. At the end of the day, presumably, Sprint's programmers are paid to do what programmers are supposed to know how to do, particularly when it comes, again, to Sprint's own app! I get that you can't test for every scenario, but don't you know your code, etc. well enough to figure out how to fix an issue once it's brought to light, and not have it glitching around for months as paying customers check off one more box on their Why Sprint Is the Worst checklist? Or, like someone on this thread was able to do when their code had an error, let us (permanently) disable these malfunctioning apps until Sprint figures it out.

And not for nothing, but, at least for me, this problem only appeared following the very highly anticipated upgrade to Oreo. (I can't emphasize enough how unhelpful technical discussions/explanations are in my daily life, but) Is there not a difference between upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2 vs. from 7.1 to 8.0? I would've guessed that when the number left of the decimal changes, there'd be a little more testing/preparation involved in anticipation of the rollout. 

I should've learned my lesson about 'upgrades' after Super Nintendo came out, or at least after the last time I accepted an update/upgrade from Sprint. And the time before that..

Journeyman

So should I just wait for a fix?  Turning on "battery saver mode" has kept it from constantly trying to install this so I can wait.

Journeyman

According to a Sprint repair technician, we have to wait for a fix. When that will come, nobody knows
Journeyman

That's the only option since a factory reset did nothing for me except waste my time and sleep.

Community Manager

You can wait for a fix, however there is no timeline.  We have 2 devices that are exhibiting the issues.  One is with our internal LG lab and the other is with the Sprint ID product managers.  Both are attempting to determine root calls.

Journeyman

Unfortunately, rooting would void the warranty, wouldn't it?  If it would get rid of that stupid popup every 30 seconds, i'd be willing to root it just to stop that popup and then leave it with the original Sprint image.  The bloatware I can deal with, that popup is what's annoying as he**.

Community Manager

Yes, rooting would void the manufacturer's warranty.  Albeit temporary, you can force close the Sprint ID app.

Journeyman

Yeah that's not even worth it to me because force closing only lasts a couple minutes before it starts up again... So kinda pointless for me.

Journeyman

force closing works about 24 hours for me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat