cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install default 1code: 400

Journeyman

Re: unable to install default 1code: 400

Ok this has worked for me for about 12 hours so far... enabling developer mode, then going to running services in that section, and then stopping process on Carrier Setup Wizard, SprintID, and Sprint Launcher.  So far, been great for me.

Journeyman

I haven't had the error in a couple days. As long as I don't touch the bloatware that SprintID installs, it won't pop up. It's a pain to have to keep all those junk apps on the phone, taking up space and resources, but I don't have a choice right now. Have you tried removing the apps after disabling the system processes you mentioned? I thought i tried that, but I might not have disabled all of those.

Journeyman

I turned off battery saver. The message popped up once but hasn't returned. I've been message free for several hours

Journeyman

Ok. Been good all day.  Hasn't returned

I'm on a LG G6.

Journeyman

The error message will stop after SprintID finishes installing all the apps.  If you let it complete, you don't need to use battery saver or disable any apps.  It's just annoying that we are forced to keep these apps on our phones, even though we have the ability to uninstall them. Doing so will reset the SprintID installer, which will put them back on your phone.  I can definitely tell the difference in battery usage with all this crap bogging it down.

Journeyman

Yeah that's awesome... except it won't finish installing them, which gives the error everyone here is getting.  That's what this whole thread is about.  It's a software bug that affects some people but not others.

Journeyman

Well not just that it won't finish installing for some, but also that we can't remove anything it installs without it reinstalling. Also, I spoke too soon. Either by restarting the phone, or one of the apps must have updated in Google play, because I saw Sprint ID running again and got the error once so far today.
Journeyman

Yup.  Mine returned also.  Not as bad as before.   I think we have to wait for Sprint to fix it.  

Journeyman

It's kind of sad that Sprint hasn't figured this out yet but Virgin Mobile has. 

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/LG-X-Charge-Unable-to-install-all-contents-...

Perhaps someone at Sprint should make a phone call and ask someone at Virgin how to fix this.

Journeyman

Haven't had the pop up for awhile, didn't do anything.
Community Manager

@BRIANDELEEUW wrote:

It's kind of sad that Sprint hasn't figured this out yet but Virgin Mobile has. 

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/LG-X-Charge-Unable-to-install-all-contents-...

Perhaps someone at Sprint should make a phone call and ask someone at Virgin how to fix this.

LOL, that would involve me calling myself and I hear I'm a pain to deal with.  Seriously, we were able to fix it on the Virgin side because we were able to duplicate the problem.  We activated an X-Charge, 2 in fact, and they both duplicated the error. We could immediately pull logs and see the root cause. 

Unfortunately, we have been unable to duplicate the issue on the Sprint side and as a result, been unable to determine the root cause.  I've PM'd several members and asked for their devices in their current state, but as you imagine, that request fell over like a lead balloon.  In the past,  it has been resolved by hard resetting the device while in good Sprint coverage, but as you can see, we are getting reports stating that does not work.   

Currently, we are testing some theories out until we get a full fix.

Journeyman

Well I've been able to wrangle a week's vacation... If you can have a local tech understand what he needs to pull off my phone, I'm willing to bring mine by as long as my personal data isn't lost and I don't have to leave it with him.

Mine is a G6.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat