cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kyocera Verve caught virus from Text Message?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Kyocera Verve caught virus from Text Message?

I got a text message from an unknown number (tracked to L.A. after the fact) which I foolishly opened and then the phone started acting strange and I believe it has a virus. I've did a soft reset, a hardware reset, contacted technical support, etc. The screen is sometimes all white, and at other times a rainbow of colors and navigation is barely visible and also delayed. Does anyone know how to clear up this problem...? Tech-support said replacing the phone is what's best. But, I would like to try to resolve it if possible without replacing the phone. I imagine I won't have any other choice but figured maybe somebody here in the community may know something tech-support didn't know about.

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: Kyocera Verve caught virus from Text Message?

you would think a factory reset would have wiped all that stuff from it. im not even suer who i could try to get in here that would know of anything else to try other than what you already have.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat