cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Incognito Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

More Incognito Issues

I don't have data service.  I've got netguard enabled AND parental lock turned on.  It still connects to the internet.  Why/How?

It's connected several since I got the phone and after I thought I'd correctly setup the parental lock, so I went thru the manual this morning and made sure I had the netguard and parental lock set correctly.  I then went to the web icon and tried to connect.  I got a message indicating that parental lock was enabled and you can't connect to data services. You click "DONE" and it looks like nothing happens.  I pick up my phone 2 hours later to make a call and the front keypad is disabled because there is an app running.  I open the flip to see what app is running and it's the web browser.

I just got a bill with $20 in data connection charges and I'm afraid to look at my account to see what it looks like for this current month.  I was going to pay the first bill, thinking that I'd probably done something wrong while learning to use the phone.  Not happening now.  There is something wrong with this phone and I need someone to help me figure out if it's just MY phone, or a problem with the Incognito in general.

I'm really not looking forward to making a call to Customer Support to get the data charges removed from my account.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: More Incognito Issues

It's not totally in the phone. Sprint needs to work on better setups and a website that is less complicated. They also need a web page that displays what you have setup in your phone. Netgard enabled in the phone should be verifiable on the web site. Also all the other features in the phone.When I get confused I call Sprint to find out if theirs someone smarter than me on the other end. Sometimes they come up with the answer.

Also if your outside a lot forget about using the touch screen in daylight. Its better than invisible ink even on a cloudy day. I finally gave up and put a 3m dot sticker over the green handset icon so i could answer calls out side.

Journeyman

turn off data.

settings -> more -> data -> off

i had the incognito but returned it for the samsung reclaim. i couldnt stand the incognito.

Journeyman

I'm heading to Sprint this week to return the phone I think.  I don't really want to turn off data as I'll not be able to use the picture mail that I'm paying for.

I don't dislike the phone other than the unauthorized internet access.  It works well for what I bought it for.  I don't appreciate Sprint's misguided attempt to force me to get a data package though.  <sarcasm>

Journeyman

i have had this same issue i locked it all as i had no data plan and now...i got a data plan cuz after arguing with the higher ups in the company for about an hour and told them i was going to pay to cancel my contract since it was cheaper to do that than to pay the bill....they ended up getting me a great plan locked in for 2 yrs. but to help your situation i also told them what happened and the did a hardware and software upgrade over the fone and it worked now it doesnt randomly go online.

Journeyman

i have had the same issue since i got the phone in january.  i have data services off and parental controls on.  anytime i try to connect to the internet the parental control comes up and says web is blocked, yet when i send picture mail it connects me to data services/web and i get charged for it.  i have the everything messaging plan so its to my understanding that plain text and picture mail is included and unlimited.  i called customer service and they said that the only way for me to avoid these data charges associated with picutre mail is to upgrade to everything data. which was more or less a slap in the face to me. my boyfriend and i have share this plan - he does not get charged data when he sends pictures n yet i do (but he has a nextel phone).  i've been meaning to go to a sprint store to complain but need my boyfriend to go with me because he is the holder of the account, n hes always pushin it back. i hate sprint, should have never left verizon. any insight to fixing this problem would be great, i do not want to have to upgrade from my plan.

Journeyman

Same here. I've been told by two to three separate people that Sprint has a "512kb" sending limit for regular picture mail, yet even if I take the lowest quality photo I can, I still am unable to send it. Also, what's really fucking awesome of Sprint (note: HEAVY sarcasm) is that this "limit" isn't written anywhere in one's contract or on the Sprint web site. Plus, one Customer Service Rep they had been working for Sprint for six years (don't I feel sorry for them!) and hadn't heard of this. I offered to send the e-mail I was given when I e-mailed a Rep about the picture issue.

End of story, you're playing a glorified unlimited TEXT-only plan. Unless of course you count the 'online picture acct' as the "picture mail" feature. Which is bullshit anyway.... If someone sends me a picture and I'm out and about then I have to wait till I can get home or to some internet accessed computer in order to view the pictures or else incur data charges.

No wonder Sprint is so cheap, you pay for what you get.... shit.

Journeyman

I have had the exact same problems!  I got a huge bill last month because of data usage and Sprint would only cover half of the data charges. I thought maybe I did something wrong, but after having Sprint turn off my data options, I still was charged for some data usage this month!

While I know other people have really liked this phone, I have not liked this phone at all. The screen freezes at times and will not allow me to answer calls.  I also think it drops calls more than other phones that I have had through Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat