cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly Shutting Down Innuendo

Highlighted
Patron

Randomly Shutting Down Innuendo

Can anyone help me with my Sanyo Innuendo..It keeps randomly shutting down. I had a LG Lotus and it was doing the same thing.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

It could be caused if you both opened the same messages on your phones.  You may want to go through and delete recent picture messages or anything with attachments.  If that does not stop the phones from shutting down then the phones needs to be reset back to the factory default settings.  You can take both phone into sprint service center and if you have TEP then is covered and no charge.  If you do not then its a non-refundable $35 fee.  I hope this helps

Message was edited by: drms2be

Highlighted
Journeyman

All 3 of the people on my family plan have the same problem with the Innuendo. The phone just goes blank when doing various things and you have to remove the battery to get it back to life. Very annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  They have traded my phone out, the battery out and it still randomly shuts off and on.  And yes, the only way you can get it back to life is to removed the battery and reinstall it and hope your screen doesnt have a system error, then you will have to continue to remove the battery and reinstalling it until that error screen goes away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry Jeff, neither Sprint nor Sanyo will be able to help you because that's the way they roll! I tried to return the innuendo when I realized how cheaply it was made but I was stuck with it! I have the same problems and last week the cover broke off! Now we pay for service on a phone I can't use!!!

HTC Touch Pro 2 does the same thing, shuts off, take the battery out, etc., does random stuff when no one is near the phone.  Sprint support says nothing wrong with it, HTC says reformat which only lost all contacts, etc. did nothing to solve problem!

Best bet, get the Epic, we have no problems with that phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hate to hear the comments on the Innuendo as have just gotten a new one and was hoping it was going to be as good as the other Sanyo phones I have had.  The Sanyo name was one of the reason I choose it.  Any suggestions on another phone with a decent sized keypad - not a smartphone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat