cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's this code do on a sanyo?

Journeyman

What's this code do on a sanyo?

Hi all
I have the Sanyo Katana DLX, and like it so far..
I mistakenly deleted the email theme that came with the phone the other day(did a factory reset)...anyway, i'd like to know what this code does ##5282277#... i inputted this code into my phone(got it from another board) and low and behold the email theme has reappearred lol...
is this some kind of undelete code? thanks
stephen

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: What's this code do on a sanyo?

@mearsfan25 wrote:
Hi all
I mistakenly deleted the email theme that came with the phone the other day(did a factory reset)...anyway, i'd like to know what this code does ##5282277#... i inputted this code into my phone(got it from another board) and low and behold the email theme has reappearred lol...
stephen

You immputed a code you don't know for sure what it is? what did the board say, where you got it from? Do you trust the individual that posted it there? As, as everyone here (I hope)will tell you, be very careful if not leary of "codes". I think the biggest code that I have seen out there is the one that will take your phone and "brick" it, if you do not know what you are doing. Not that I am trying to be mean, but there is all kinds of people out here, and I would hate to see anyone loose their phone. Yes, I have posted codes, but only the "debug" code, because a Sprint rep was the one that taught it to me, on how to keep your phone running smooth. Some now say that it isn't needed. You will hear all kinds about codes, but this is the one place to get all the info from the right people, here.

This is just a statement that I tell everyone, that unless you know what you are doing, it is best not to touch them. I have even heard from some data techs that there is no need to play with codes you find on the net, because some of them are outdated, or do other things now than in the past. Anyone else?

Wizard

@Smoky wrote:

@mearsfan25 wrote:
Hi all
stephen

You immputed a code you don't know for sure what it is? what did the board say, where you got it from? Do you trust the individual that posted it there? As, as everyone here (I hope)will tell you, be very careful if not leary of "codes". I think the biggest code that I have seen out there is the one that will take your phone and "brick" it, if you do not know what you are doing. Not that I am trying to be mean, but there is all kinds of people out here, and I would hate to see anyone loose their phone. Yes, I have posted codes, but only the "debug" code, because a Sprint rep was the one that taught it to me, on how to keep your phone running smooth. Some now say that it isn't needed. You will hear all kinds about codes, but this is the one place to get all the info from the right people, here.

This is just a statement that I tell everyone, that unless you know what you are doing, it is best not to touch them. I have even heard from some data techs that there is no need to play with codes you find on the net, because some of them are outdated, or do other things now than in the past. Anyone else?

Right on Smoky. I treat anything having to do with unknown phone codes with a liberal dash of salt, it`s kinda like a computer...if you see something that says "enter this command to do this", but they ether don`t tell ya what it does or the instructions are to "techy" then just let it ride. Really much better than the risk of mabey killing your rather expensive device IMHO. N9NRA

Journeyman

N9nra, I learned from people like yourself, and hate to say this, but maybe I know too much for my own good at times, but the best thing to do is to learn from other peoples mistakes.. that way is the least expensive Thank you.

The only time that you really need a code, is when a Sprint rep is trying to help you, or you know you msl code to work with certain programs for getting things to and from your phone, when you have no internet on your phone, and even then you are taking a chance at bricking it then. See, some of the programs like the QPST, BITPIM, and MOBIEDIT, they aren't all caught up to date for using newer model phones with them, and if you mess up by just onbe digit or letter, trust me, it will be time to play baseball with that phone/pda.. HEADS UP!

Journeyman

well i got the code on a board for the M1, and since it brought back some deleted things when input there, i figured it was worth a try on the dlx...and it worked.. i'm just wanting to know how it worked...what it does.....where's it get the information..
and as far as just inputting codes in my phone, i have TEP :-)

Journeyman

Chances are it is a rest code, not a hard reset, but maybe a soft reset. I took a chance with my m1, as I can do a few things with it, but when I entered that code in my phone, it didn't do a thing expect post a small screen that said please wait, then it vanished, and it didn't do a thing to it as far as bring back any games etc., but I guess I am grateful that it did nothing, "as far as I can tell", for I like to play with games and apps that I find on the net, and if it "could bring" them back, I'd be in deep umm well ya know Smiley Tongue.. but like I said before, just be careful. Not everyone knows what to do with a code or what a code is really used for, unless you have a job in the data industry.

Journeyman

no the code stands for or spells out javeapps it restores all the Java created apps like

live local search. if you delete live local search or lets say a demo. this is a sanyo code

that replaces all the java based applications that came on your phone. I know this cause i

had called sanyo tech support and was given the code. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat