Did you mean: 

software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

37 REPLIES
Journeyman

software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

just one more reason we will be switching to ATT

Journeyman

Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

I have a Sanyo SCP 3810 ebaying in to replace my old Sanyo MM 7400, and I'll be using my old version of Datapilot to transfer info from old to new.  Don't think I'll need a cable, as it looks like the 3810 is mini USB.  Total Cost $0.  Datapilot and Sanyo phones are made for each other. 

Journeyman

I followed Capeellyn's instructions and everything came out fine. A Google search also revealed a $5 coupon available for datapilot downloadable products.

Journeyman

Go to http://www.datapilot.com/ - you can down DOWNLOAD the DataPilot7 program (do not need to buy a CD).  I used a generic USB cable and it worked just fine.  It takes a while to download everything, but as long as you follow the directions it will work.  The program was easy to use as well.  Cost me $19.95 (I did not buy the download guarantee for $8).

Journeyman

With an online search,I acquired a $10 off coupon for DataPilot, and a USB cable for a Blackberry 8900 thru Amazon from The OEM Shop for $1.58 including shipping.  After installing DataPilot on your computer, it's important to download updates to obtain the correct drivers for the Sanyo 3810.  Once DataPilot was updated, it worked very smoothly in recognizing the telephone, backing up contacts and downloading pictures.  Total cost = $21.53.

Journeyman

I just got it to work! I updated the Data Pilot and it worked! I changed some of my phonebook and uploaded pictures to my computer. Thanks everyone.

Journeyman

You said that the driver works for the Sanyo SCP-3810 and to unpack, install, when you plug in your phone point the install towards that folder where you unpacked it. What exactly does that mean? I'm not computer savy. I downloaded the driver and just extracted it to my desktop and my computer then recognized something where I was able to charge the phone. I deleted the driver to install the Data Pilot program that I just got, but it would not work so I uninstalled the data pilot and reinstalled the driver, but it will not charge the phone again. Can you help me?

Journeyman

I agree 100% with Ivan. The whole reason we bought this phone was so my parents could use it to take pictures and put them on the PC.  Over and Over I asked the sprint sales person "We do not have the Internet or texting enabled on this plan and we do not plan to add it. Does this phone have the ability to transfer the pictures directly to the PC?"  They said yes.  I asked so many times the girl got annoyed.  She said to just get a USB cable and plug it in.

So other than a 30$ program has anyone found the drivers yet or are they still in limbo?

Master

You can't use your phone as a modem, Sprint discontinued PAM earlier this year for all phones except the EVO and upcoming EPIC using the optional HotSpot.

Also, That phone is not capable of playing videos,

Journeyman

Does anyone know about using the Sanyo SCP 3810 as a modem? When I plug in the data cable into the phone, then into the computer, I get a message that pops up and says SANYO MODEM found. I tried to download and run the susteen driver, but instead of my computer recognizing the phone it recogzied the data cable and I still got the Hardware Wizard message.

Also, does anyone know how to watch videos on this phone? I called tech support to see if it was possible to watch videos and the rep told me it was, but I had to dowload the software.