cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Highlighted
Journeyman

software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

I can someone tell if they know a website were I can download the software/drivers for the sanyo scp 3810. My computer will not recognize my new phone. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks. Bill

37 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: software/driver help for sanyo scp 3810

Good question. I took a look at http://sanyowireless.com and there is currently no driver support for that phone yet. But, once they write the drivers for that phone, they will be made available on that site.

Best regards,

Lefty

Journeyman

I looked at that site briefly; I didn't see drivers for any phones, just manuals.

I too am looking for a driver for the SCP-3810. If anyone knows where to get one it would be greatly appreciated. I bought a USB data cable but the driver disk doesn't appear to work. Very frustrating. I don't want to use it as a modem, I just want to transfer my address book from my old phone.

Journeyman

The only software I was able to find was a program called DataPilot. Here's the link: http://www.datapilot.com/phonesupport/en_US/Sprint/Sanyo/2504/SCP-3810/. Problem is, the software is $29.95 USD and is not supported by Sprint. Just passing along some info.

Lefty

Journeyman

Thanks Lefty.

Journeyman

Guess I have the same problem.  Spoke with Sprint today as well as Sanyo.  Sanyo said Sprint would provide the drivers Sprint said they did not have them and Sanyo should provide the link..Not sure where to go now.

Master

http://depositfiles.com/files/s6opo1isg

This driver WORKS for the Sanyo SCP-3810, unpack, install, when you plug in your phone point the install towards that folder where you unpacked it.

Found it here; http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604689&page=2&pp=15

Journeyman

Can someone please help me get this driver to work.  I downloaded the file but nothing in it gives me the option to "install."  What am i doing wrong?  Thanks

Journeyman

@ loni49201 -

Sorry for being computer challenged but I was hoping you could give a bit more info about installing driver(s) for the SCP-3810.  I downloaded the zip file and extracted/unpacked/saved everything to my desktop.  Plugged in my phone and went to Device Manager.  The Sanyo was listed with an error symbol.  I clicked Action > Update Driver Software and the update driver software wizard appeared.  I selected Browse My Computer > Browse > Desktop and I got a prompt in the notification tray that drivers were being updated.  Then I got a notice that drivers were successfully installed.  But the phone was still not recognized by my computer.  When I checked Device Manager again all that had been installed was Susteen USB Cable Modem Driver, Susteen USB Cable Port Driver, and Susteen USB Driver.  My computer still would not recognize the phone as being connected via USB cable.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.  It's frustrating not being able to get photos from the phone to my computer without signing up for internet service thru Sprint.  Especially since the customer service rep assured me I could sync the phone to my computer without signing up for Sprint Picture Mail at an additional cost.

Journeyman

I had the same experience.  It took a few times for the phone to be added to my system, but once I did get that done, I had the same experience as leeanon.  I can see the cable in device manager, it is supposedly working fine, but I cannot see the contents of the phone.

Any help on how to go in and explore the phone as if it were a device with a memory would sure be appreciated.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.