cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - 2.200 (Android 2.2)

Wizard

Update 5/9:

This update has been released as 2.201SP.  If you were unable to apply 2.200, please perform the update.  See this thread for more info: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/285948#285948

Note - this thread is being locked

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3/7:

Sprint and Sanyo will temporarily suspend the Sanyo Zio over-the-air upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) tonight. 

A  small number of customers have experienced problems due to the update  being interupted.  If the update process does not complete, the device  may be on software version 1.016SP or 1.017SP, indicating a partial  update. Devices that have yet to receive the update, as well as those  partially updated,  will be able to resume the update process when the  upgrade is re-released. We apologize for any inconvenience and will  provide more information as it becomes available.  

If you are experiencing any issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanyo Zio (SCP-8600) Maintenance Release - 2.200SP Froyo

Enhancements/Fixes:
- Android 2.2, Froyo
- Install applications to external storage (SD card)
- Improved Bluetooth device support (voice dialing, sharing contacts, BT enabled car & deskdocs)
- Swype as a keyboard option for texting (press and hold any text field and select

Input Method > Swype in the message window)
- Keyboard support for multiple languages
- Tips widget on home screen
- Dedicated shortcut for home, apps, and browser
- Updated wallpapers
- Camera and Gallery updates: picture stacks, zoom, white balance, and focus/exposure
- Exchange: Password policy support, remote wipe, calendar, auto-discovery, GAL look-up
- Integration of Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine into the Browser application
- Android market update with batch and automatic update features
- Improved battery life by supporting fast dormant function
- Freezing / Locking up issue
- Sprint ID update including improvement in activation process
- Sprint Zone 2.5.5
- Backlight brightness issue
- SSD authentication issue

Important Notes:
- Software version is 2.200, Android 2.2 Froyo
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days

- It is recommended to use Wi-Fi, if possible, to complete the 2.200 SP update
- Refer to the Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  The 2.200

update is a 3 part process; please follow instructions to ensure all parts are

successfully installed.

29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - 2.200 (Android 2.2)

when can we expect to start seeing the updat available? it's now early morning on Feb 22 & i still receive a msg that no update is available when i try to update.

Journeyman

I would also like to know when this will be available.  When I called Sprint Support they told me that it should be available but my phone keeps telling me that no update is available.

Journeyman

I am a bit fustrated that my phone is unable to update.  I have tried multiple times throughout the past two days to update.  The only messages I get when I do so are, "No firmware updates available" and one that says there was an error in connecting, please try again.

I would appreciated a response as to why this update is unavailable to me.  My brother has the same phone, from the same family plan, and was able to update yesterday immediately.  I have tried the same exact method he used, and have restarted my phone and tried again.

I understand that within four days 100% of the phones will be updated (so Thursday 2/24), however it is extremely inconvenient to be waiting for an update that is alleged to be available now.  Is there a region delay effecting the upgrade ie., the Midwest vs. Florida?

Wizard

You want to select update android not update firmware, after that it will update.

Journeyman

Trangers77,

Thank you for the tip.  However, I have just freshly rebooted my phone, went directly to Update Android>Check for updates now, with no result.  Any more suggestions?

Highlighted
Wizard

When I tried to update it. I pressed update PRL by accidentally, when that finished I selected update android and it work try updating PRL then update android.

Journeyman

i also tried every method listed both by the author of the post and those mentioned by other users here and get the same result - no update currently available. any further word when this will actually be available for everyone? it's midway through the 4 day time span now

Journeyman

I still can't get the update either, I've tried everything.  Has anyone actually gotten the update yet?

Journeyman

I am now able to download the first upgrade package--however when it instal;s, about a third of the way completed, it aborts install.  When the phone reboots--it reports error and informs me to try again later.

Of course with no avail.  Suggestions? Answers?

Journeyman

Still can't download anything, tells me it's downloading the package and then does nothing...I let it sit for an hour...and nothing..

Patron

I Really Just Checked If Igot the Update an i did But iwas at school and i needed wi-fi so ijust caneld so whenn igot home i tried again n its takeking forever to download n to check for the update Really wtf? n at home i have wi-fi so whats up?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat