cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - 2.200 (Android 2.2)

Journeyman

I never pulled the battery out during the update, and it works now...  maybe pulling the battery messed it up...  Good luck on your issue... I'm good to go. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

exactly my thought. i dont care who darren is, an hour full of restartings? give me a break. we were not born yesturday. no device ever took that long to update especially on a small phone.

anyway, i went to sprint repair store, they took it, called me back, and told me that they will try fixing it tomorrow, if it doesnt work, then they will give me a replacement, which will arrive on Tuesday. everyone is having this problem and a few lucky ones successfully updated it.

Journeyman

I took mine in to the repair store today. They spent about 1.5 hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working. They concluded that the phone got interrupted during the 2.2 install and didn't install properly, so the phone was trying to force close the operating system every time it booted.

They ended up replacing my phone because they couldn't fix mine. They installed 2/3 parts of the patch on the new fresh phone but didn't wanna risk the last part until they had another Zio in stock as a backup.

I know this doesn't help but I'm just updating my situation.

Journeyman

im having no luck getting them to replace 2 zios that are corrupted after that update. all they want is money to replace. i said no way...its your problem. they said they wont replace unless i pay 100 for the phones. guess ill be stuck with 2 useless phones. dropping sprint, going to something else. customer service isnt helping at all.

Journeyman

I downloaded this supposedly new and improved update and was extremely disappointed. The only thing I like about it is the voice to text stuff. Everything else pretty much sucks. I can no longer watch downloads off the internet, apps force close constantly, browser closes in the middle of searches, touch screen especially texting is horrible not to mention the sorry battery life it has! And before anyone wants to complain I don't know how to enhance and keep the battery life up can keep their opinions to themselves this isn't my first rodeo. I think they tried to over improve something and put too much brains and not enough practicality into it. I don't want another update I want a new phone. I knew I should have gotten the EVO!!!!  I'm very displeased!!!!

Journeyman

my first zio updated no problems at all now that i had to get a replacement they suspend the upgrade and are taking a lifetime to re/issue it i say an account credit should be issued for the inconvience !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat