cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - 2.200 (Android 2.2)

Master

The Sanyo Zio update takes a very long time to download and install. It is also split into three parts which takes longer because the phone must apply them and reboot in between each phase. Total update time can be upwards of an hour in some cases to install all parts of the update.

As with all Android updates Google's servers roll out the update in phases. It can take 4-5 days before the update will be visible on your phone. In addition if you have not setup a Gmail account on the phone and gone to the Android Market app at least once to register your phone with the servers (done automatically when the Market is loaded the first time) it may not show an update being available.

Journeyman

PLease DO NOT   DOWNLOAD IT I DID IT DID IT IN THE THREE STEPS IT SAID TO DO IT INSTALLS 1ST ONE THE REBOOTS UR PHONE THEN DOES 2ND ONE REBOOTS IT THEN DID 3RD ONE REBOOTED ITSELF AND GUESS WHAT?????????? HAV ENOTHING  I MEAN NOTHING CAN'T EVEN USE MY PHONE NOW BLACK SCREEN TOOK OUT BATTERY  EVRYTHING CALLED SPRINT ON PHONE FOREVER WITH THEM TRIED TO HANDE FREE RESET IT THEN TRIED TO WIPE OUT EVERYTHING BACK TO FACTORY AND GUESS WHAT????????? NOTHINGGGGGGGGG I WAS TOLD HMMM WE HAVE NEVER  HAD THIS HAPPEN YEA OK..................  TRIED AGAIN AND AGAIN THEN GET THE LITTLE  GREEN BUY WITH THE ! AND THEN SORRY PROCEES SYETEM STOPPED RESPONDING FORCE CLOSE ??? OR WAIT HMMMMMM TRIED BOTH AND GUESS  WHAT??????????? NOTHING NOW I HAVE NO DAMN PHONE AND I AM LIVID .... THIS PHONE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A NIGHTMARE SHUD OF SENT IT BACK...... WAS TOLD GO TO STORE YEA OK ITS 9PM HERE  STORES CLOSED SO I'M S.O.L  DONT DOWNLOAD F OLKSSSSSS

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - 2.200 (Android 2.2)

SANYO ZIO IS A NIGHTMARE, I HAD MINE SINCE OCTOBER AND IT IS SORRY AS HELL.  I WISH I HAD GOTTEN THE EVO....SO SAD

Journeyman

Update went fine for me. My zio is now a complete phone. screen lag is gone. everything is much faster now. Great update just with It had come months ago

Journeyman

I am in the same boat. I tried to do the update and all my phone wants to do is reboot. So I to call sprint and they told me I have to take it into the store. That is after talking to sprint for 40 mins.

Journeyman

my phone has been bricked after the update to 2.2 froyo. will go to store tomorrow.

Journeyman

I agree MICHA656: the ZIO is a bad nightmare.  However, I have taken my phone in three times now to the Sprint repair store, and what is lacking on my phone is made up by the exceptional customer service I have received there.  As I've posted previously, my phone wouldn't find the update.  And then when it did it froze a third of the way into the first install.  I went to the repair store and the replaced the phone.  It was finally able to download and install the first two updates, however

when after I installed the third update I too experienced the black screen of death.  It'll initiate a boot sequence, but nothing after that.  Can only turn it off by a battery pull.  Went into the store and they said they'll need about an hour.  I'm currently waiting.  Hope they'll get it fixed once and for all--or at least allow me to replace with different phone!

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - 2.200 (Android 2.2)

I just got done installing this 3 part update. The update went through without an issue, but now I have no internet on my phone and it keeps rebooting itself.

"Process system is not responding" pops up during boot as well.

Now I can't even get a display or get to a menu. The screen is just dark unless I pull battery out.

Unbreak my phone please =/

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat DAN... 

Journeyman

Well mine just stopped doing it... According to "Darren" this is a normal reaction for up to an hour after the last restart... 

Journeyman

NOTHING BUT A MIGHTMARE.......... PHONE IS USELESS RIGHT NOW HAD TO GO BACK TO MY OLD PHONE TILL I CAN GET TO STORE I WILL REFUSE ANOTHER ONE OF THSES PHONESSSSSSS . SHUD OF WENT WITH EVO GOT IT FOR MY DRT NO PBMS WHATS SO EVER.......... THIS SANYO IS  JUNK...................... AND  SAME HERE  ONLY WAY I CAN  SHUT IF OFF IS BY PULLING OUT BATTERY THEN  N OTHING WHEN BACK  ON  BLACK DEATH SCREEN

Journeyman

yea right normal lol lol an hour?????? ha how about days????? they r full of it..  crashed phone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat