cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the samsung sanyo zio and I can't receive picture mail for iphone users.

Journeyman

I have the samsung sanyo zio and I can't receive picture mail for iphone users.

I have the samsung zio i have had nothing but problems with it! I have friends that have iphones,  when they try texting me a picture it says download of new message was unsuccessful. Can anybody please help me out?

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Employee

Re: I have the samsung sanyo zio and I can't receive picture mail for iphone users.

Hello coan.katelyn, The Sanyo Zio has a documented problem with downloading pictures via MMS when sent from an Iphone, Sanyo and Sprint are investigating. In the time being until this problem has been resolved you may login from a computer at pictures.sprintpcs.com or, ask the sender to instead send their MMS to your email address instead of phone number.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Re: I have the samsung sanyo zio and I can't receive picture mail for iphone users.

this website is deactivated and i need to see my multimedia messages. i have had this problem for a long while and i need it fixed asap

Sprint Employee

You are still able to login at http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/downloadmymedia, this is temporarily available through 6-18-12, The problem related to inability to receive MMS messages from iPhone has been documented, is being researched, and I will surely post back here when I see any updates to this. You may ask the iPhone user to try sending one picture per message, this may help. Thank you, Chris.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I am glad some one posted this, has been a painful issue. I have realized, however, that if the sender iphone is on the sprint network, the picture/mms makes it through without any issues. I have trouble downloading (says 'downloading of message from XXYYZZ unsuccesful') when the picture is from an iphone on any other network.

It gets old, trying to respond to senders and say 'I have a smart phone that won't let me see images, please email me instead'.

RC1024, I hope that some one has a remedy for this.

Master

I spoke with the manager for picture mail and here is her response...

We have tested the reported issue in our lab and cannot replicate on the Sanyo Zio latest software version, 2.201SP. 

Please confirm the device has the latest software version and if not, please update the device to it. 

If the issue remains, please contact Sprint CARE to have a ticket initiated.

Regards,

Ginger

Thanks,

mapesy

Journeyman

Thanks for this followup. I checked my phone and I have

Android version 2.2

Baseband version 2.200

Kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf

Build number 2.200SP

How will I be able to istall the version 2.201 ?

Master

Here is a link to a support page to assist you.

Thanks,

mapesy

Journeyman

Hi there,

I used the link and attempted to make the phone check for and get an android upgrade but it tells me no upgrades are available. Is there any way to force the phone to unstall 2.201 ?

thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat