cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a recall for the Sanyo Zio?

Journeyman

Has anyone heard of a recall on cell phones?

I hate this phone. They need to collect all sanyo zios and fix all the issues on this phone.

1. I go into roaming everywhere. Outside, inside, even in the sprint locations.
2. SLOOOOOOOOW downloading apps.

3. I get force closing pop up window.

4. internet is SLOOOOOOOW also.

5. I get late text messages and my text messages don't send.

a. Thanksgiving, I had no messages come through. The day after my phone was ringing off the hook, with holiday greeting.
b. I send a picture to my husband, about 2 weeks later he said "why did u send a picture? I'm sitting right here" I told him "I send that like 2 weeks ago"

But they did fix that annoying faint ringing tone.

I rather listen to that ringing tone than deal with the disconnection with calls.

Anyone Help, What should I do with this phone.

SPRINT IS NOOOOOOO HELP!!!!!

THEIR SOLUTION IS TO GET ANOTHER PHONE (THE SAME PIECE OF $H!T PHONE)

WHICH THIS WOULD BE #3.

IM SURPRISED WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH SANYO ZIO THEY STILL HAVE IT ON THE SHELVES. SPRINT EMPLOYEES NEED TO BE HONEST AND LET CUSTOMERS KNOW THAT THIS PHONE IS CRAP AND NOT TO GET IT.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Hi,

If your having these type of problems with the device. You should bring it in so one of our trained techs can take a look at it. I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20111215Smiley FrustratedTORELOCATOR.

----George

Journeyman

Hello George,

I have. All sprint did was give me new phones. I had changed the phone 3 times.(Same make and model.)

I called the support service and they told me what you just did.

What else can I do?

Please help

Karen

Wizard

Kbermea123456, try clicking on the link I've provided below for some helpful instructions on basic troubleshooting for your device.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_common_issues_on_your_Sanyo_Zio/case-wh164052...

~ Nicholas

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Hello Nicolas or George,

Just letting you know that this didn't work....

Anything else?

Journeyman

I've suffered with the Sanyo Zio for a year now, and unfortunately I  have another year to go on this plan. I'm in a great coverage area but  I'm always in roaming, and sporadically I'll get 1-3 bars for 30 seconds  or so. My calls are always being dropped because of this, and everyone  complains it's like I'm talking through a tin can and there's lots of  static. I've also had the ringing sound (not actually receiving a call,  just the sound) in the past, then I thought it was fixed but it came  back a few weeks ago before stopping again. I don't really understand  that. The phone randomly reboots all the time, is slow as hell, and  often takes up to 2 days to receive a picture. Power cycling does  nothing, updating the profile does nothing, and otherwise everything  else is updated.  I hate this phone and if this is the quality I receive  from a free budget smartphone, I guess free phones just aren't worth  it. Other Sprint users I know who have paid phones don't seem to have  this issue. Must be the hardware? I'd love to switch out for a different  one but based on what others are saying, Sprint will only give the same  pos phone.

Sprint may be cheaper than Verizon but if this is the crap I have  to deal with, after I suffer through another 9 months I think I'm gonna  run and never look back. Anyone know much about StraightTalk?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im still waiting for a reply on this POS phone. I have another issue with this phone now. I placed the phone on the charger for 2 hours and im still waiting for it to charge. I have 4 charger in the house none of them work but they work on my kids phone and my husbands phone. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat