cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music App - Where are the music files supposed to be?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Music App - Where are the music files supposed to be?

Just got my new Zio.  No problem connecting it to my PC. SD card shows up as a removable dirive.  Now comes the problem. Sec 2G (p 63) of the Zio manual leaves out a critical detail.  Namely, what folder are you supposed to put your music files into so that the Music App can find them? I can see from my PC that there are music files on the SD card but the Music app can't find them. 

If there's a link on the Sprint site that covers this, could someone send it to me.

Thanks,

Marty

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Music App - Where are the music files supposed to be?

I would  suggest you to make sure those music files are located in the music folder on the SDcard.Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

Thanks Abe for the quick reply.  There is no music folder.  The top level folders are: Android, DCIM, and Lost.dir.  Inside the android folder is a "data" folder.  Inside the DCIM folder is :100ANDRO, and camera.  I tried putting music files inside 100ANDRO but that doesn't work.  Should I just create a top level music folder?

Master

I know there should have been a media or music folder. If not, create a new folder and try to put music files and access music files under music. Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

I created a new top level folder called music, put some files in it.  No luck. 

I've noticed that no one seems to like this phone and I can still return it.  What sprint phone do you use?

Master

Try this step

Connecting Your Device to Your Computer

You can transfer music, pictures and videos to and from your device with the USB Mount feature. This feature is supported by most Windows and Mac operating systems, but it is dependent on your computer's setup. If you experience problems connecting your device to your computer and a restart doesn't help, you may need to purchase a microSD™ to USB converter, such as a MobileMate.

1. Connect your device to your computer using a compatible USB cable. (Wait for the connection to be completed. When connected, the host computer will automatically detect your device.)
  2. The USB icon () now appears on the left side of the status bar on your device.
  3. Press > Notifications to open the Notifications panel.
  4. Tap USB connected > Mount.
  5. Locate the newly created drive letter on your computer. You can drag and drop files onto your device now.

Abe

Journeyman

These are the Sec 2G instructions from the user guide that I mentioned in my first note.  You will note that step 5 says nothing about folders.  What's equally frustrating is that p. 102 of the guide that explains the music app features also makes no reference to folders.  I may try putting the files on the SD card not in a folder at all. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat