Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanyo Zio 2.2 OTA Update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sanyo Zio 2.2 OTA Update

My Zio notified me yesterday that an update was available, and after a 3 part download/install (rebooting inbetween each part), the phone is no longer functional. Sprint Service center could not fix it and they suggest I replace the device.

Has anyone experienced this or has had a successful update to 2.2? How do you like it?

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

EQUINCY07 wrote:

xliengen1, Same thing happend to me.  Steps 1 and 2 went fine, but after installing step 3, the phone went blank and displayed "Sorry!, Process system is not responding."  The two options were: Force close or wait.  Neither one worked.  I called sprint and the tech had me do the typical " remove battery and restart" to no avail.  He then said I had to take the phone to a sprint store to have them reinstall the original 2.1 software.     Somewhat bittersweet.  I loved the size and weight of this Zio, but obviously, Kyocera and Sanyo have some things to figure out.  So being under the 30 day return, I think I will be returning the phone and going back to a Blackberry.  Hey, we gave it a shot. The bitter part is that I will still have to pay the $10 extra a month "smartphone" fee.  Great going Dan

Sorry to hear that, good luck with the blackberry. I've heard from a few people that if you had your Zio rooted, the update fails (mine was rooted).

I just got a text today (3/1/11) from Sprint telling me to go to http://www.sprint.com/zioupdate to update my phone. Since I've already updated (my replacement) and its working great, I thought I'd share this here with you all and hope for some successful upgrades to Froyo. Check out the link above to see what the update includes.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem NOW!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i did the update and it also bricked my phone, now it goes to the homescreen with both the unlock and silent sliders but its stuck like that, it says searching for service. but it restarts after a few minutes. any suggestions of what i should do? would they replace it at a sprint store?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Did the 3 part upgrade and everything is working great.  Froyo features much appreciated on my Zio.  Good luck with yours.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did uploaded my sanyo zio phone and it's working much faster but I can't assign my ringtones to my contacts or my messing ringtone alert..anybody know what's going on???

Highlighted
Journeyman

levonx wrote:

i did the update and it also bricked my phone, now it goes to the homescreen with both the unlock and silent sliders but its stuck like that, it says searching for service. but it restarts after a few minutes. any suggestions of what i should do? would they replace it at a sprint store?

Yes, this is what I was experiencing, and after they did something at the store, it doesn't even do that anymore. They ordered a replacement phone for me but I am out of a phone for several days.

I am interested to know if multi-touch has been added in the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have the same situation as yours due (I believe) to the update.  Sprint was unable to fix...declared the phone "corrupted beyond repair".  I happen to have retaler insurance (through Radio Shack).  Am in the process of sending the phone to them for replacement.  Still in the dark as to why this happened.  My phone is less than eight weeks old!!  Very frustrating!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After seeing all the problems people are having with this update I feel lucky. Went smooth for me. Now my zio works like it should have.

the touch screen lag is gone I'd even say its equal to my old palm pre.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: The sprint store near me has ordered a replacement and I should have it today. It sucks being out of my primary phone (my only phone) for the last 4 days, I'm going to talk to sprint customer service to make sure they know how inconvenient it has been.

Good news! The sprint store said that they are working on a fix that will "unbrick" the Zio, but it is not yet available. This may be great news for Zio owners, I will update this post if I find out more about this fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my replacment Zio today, and immediately attempted the update again. This time it loaded everything OK and so far so good! I hope that everyone who has this issue gets a replacement or gets it fixed.

Good luck everyone

Highlighted
Journeyman

xliengen1, Same thing happend to me.  Steps 1 and 2 went fine, but after installing step 3, the phone went blank and displayed "Sorry!, Process system is not responding."  The two options were: Force close or wait.  Neither one worked.  I called sprint and the tech had me do the typical " remove battery and restart" to no avail.  He then said I had to take the phone to a sprint store to have them reinstall the original 2.1 software.     Somewhat bittersweet.  I loved the size and weight of this Zio, but obviously, Kyocera and Sanyo have some things to figure out.  So being under the 30 day return, I think I will be returning the phone and going back to a Blackberry.  Hey, we gave it a shot. The bitter part is that I will still have to pay the $10 extra a month "smartphone" fee.  Great going Dan

Highlighted
Journeyman

EQUINCY07 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, good luck with the blackberry. I've heard from a few people that if you had your Zio rooted, the update fails (mine was rooted).

I just got a text today (3/1/11) from Sprint telling me to go to http://www.sprint.com/zioupdate to update my phone. Since I've already updated (my replacement) and its working great, I thought I'd share this here with you all and hope for some successful upgrades to Froyo. Check out the link above to see what the update includes.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat