Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanyo Zio Live Wallpaper?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Zio and Android 2.2.1, and everytime I try to install a live wallpaper it says that my device doesn't support it and that I need to upgrade my firmware.  I just got the upgrade that everyone says is necessary for live wallpaper and it's still not allowing it.  Anyone have any suggestions 'cause I don't know what to do...

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Where are you getting the live wallpaper from? If your selecting one of them loaded on your phone you may:

• Touch and hold the screen somewhere where there are no widgets or app icons
  • An Add to Home screen pop-up will appear - tap the Wallpapers option
  • You will then be presented with a Select wallpaper from window - choose Live wallpapers, Media gallery, Wallpaper gallery or Wallpapers
  • For Live wallpapers:
  1. Scroll to a live wallpaper that you want to use, and tap it
  2. If you're satisfied with your selection, tap Set wallpaper

Does this work for you?

Brenderlynn

Journeyman

I have followed these instructions but when i get to the walpaper selection it does not give me the live wallpapers option...what do i do?

Master

Re: Sanyo Zio Live Wallpaper?

The Sanyo Zio does not support live wall paper at this time as far as I can tell.   When I try it on one of our phones I  so not get the option for animated wall papers.   The users guide does not address using animated wallpapers nor do the update notes for the software

Journeyman

This is the correct answer, not the one by brenderlynn, supra, who apparently works for Sprint public relations. I just tried  a Firmware upgrade and no upgrade was available.The Add To Home Screen window with Live Wallpaper option does not exist for the poor little cell phone , Zanyo Zio. The Zio is not a Smart Phone. It is a Stupid Phone that attempts to emulate its competitors.I am definitely  changing to a new phone by a different manufacturer.

Community News

Need Help? 
    Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
    If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
    If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat