Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanyo Zio Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 - temporarily suspended

Highlighted
Wizard

Update 5/9:

This  update has been released as 2.201SP.  If you were unable to apply  2.200, please perform the update.  See this thread for more info: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/285948#285948

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprint and Sanyo will temporarily suspend the Sanyo Zio over-the-air upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) tonight. 

A small number of customers have experienced problems due to the update being interupted.  If the update process does not complete, the device may be on software version 1.016SP or 1.017SP, indicating a partial update. Devices that have yet to receive the update, as well as those partially updated,  will be able to resume the update process when the upgrade is re-released. We apologize for any inconvenience and will provide more information as it becomes available.  

If you are experiencing any issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727. 

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Now that it's been a month and a half since this announcement was made - is there any update?  I see none here.

Many of us are awaiting this update - please notify us as soon as possible when and how we can obtain it.

BGPhilbin

Wizard

I will post a new thread in this forum when it's re-released.  I know they're working on it but I don't yet have a date. 

Journeyman

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing!

Pax, harmonia,

Brian Philbin

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat