cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanyo Zio touchscreen problems, multi-touch, and Android 2.2 (froyo)?

Journeyman

Re: Sanyo Zio touchscreen problems, multi-touch, and Android 2.2 (froyo)?

Got this phone way back in November, and all I can say is that it absolutely sucks. There is not one good thing about this phone. The touchscreen is horrible, and so is the service it provides. It's slow and sluggish. Internet browsing is NOT fun either. The only thing I can say that's good on it is the pictures it takes. BUT they sometimes do not want to upload to Facebook and then the notification stays up in the corner, even though it "failed to upload". Then I have to shut the phone off and wait for it to boot up again(which takes 5 minutes in itself!) If you are going to get this phone, and the salesperson gives you a good deal, DON'T take the deal!! It's all a scam. To end, this is THE worst android phone on the market. Three words ; DO NO BUY.

Journeyman

my husband and i got the same phone and unfortunately we found out days later and now customer service says we need to pay 70dlls restocking fee wth im not a satisfied customer this phone really sucks any idea what else i can do? i dont want to stay with a phone i hate

Journeyman

Agreed. I'm getting a new one this weekend because it doesn't work now. I've had it since Christmas and now nothing will populate when I scroll to find it and nothing will load.

Journeyman

keyocera said that the touch screen supports multi touch just sprint hasn't allowed it to come with the 2.2 up date sadly!!!! ive had 5 diffrent sanyo zios but i still like the phone

Journeyman

If I'd known the zio was related to Kyocera I'd never gotten it. This phone is full of demons. It rings when there's no call,the touch screen responds very slow and it freezes sometimes.If you have large hands, this phone isnt for you. The text keyboard to small. I do give credit for the updates that have been getting  added, great but I hate this phone. I've had it "repaired" and it still freezes, and it still has a low ringing soundwhich is random. I suppose i should be happy i can make and recieve calls...which i am but as long as my ringer doesnt keepturning itself off...ughhh. cant wait to upgrade/get different phone

Journeyman

I have the same problems with mine! It will ring randomly & I haven't quite figured out what causes it. I've been to lazy to try & have it "repaired". Glad I haven't bothered. No upgrade for me until Decmber. Can't get here soon enough. Should've known there was a catch when the phone was free. :/

Journeyman

I  was pressured into getting the phone by the sales rep... he assured me it was a great phone.. from the moment i had the phone i had nothing but problems with it.. called sprint to try for a different phone which the one i wanted was the evo shift...  but they wanted 150 bucks for that phone and i couldnt pay it.. OOOOHHH  but guess what they have for free when you sign up NOW?    yeh .. the damned phone I wanted in the first place.. so now.. im stuck with a shitty phone.. awful customer service and all the new sign ups get the phone i wanted.. really REALLY pisses me off... 

Journeyman

Wow, i guess I am one of the lucky few.  I purchased mine in December and have had minimal issues.  It will occasionally shut off and/or turn on for no apparent reason.  Other than that (which has only happened a few times), I have had ideal phone for my needs.  I use it for all the basics, lots of internet and navigation, email, games, etc.I have tons of apps, alol of which work well as long as i continue to update occasionally.

Journeyman

Terrible, terrible phone. This is my third and probably last contract with Sprint because this phone is an absolute turd and I'm stuck with it for another year. At this point, I'd rather have my old M300 (I think that's what it was) back and just return to keypad texting. The likely upcoming demise of Sprint's unlimited data will just be another nail in the coffin.

Journeyman

i couldnt take it any more....the freezing random turning off and on, even in the middle of a conversation......text message full messsage after ive deleted all messages, memory full when ive added nothing. they gonna take this phone or im switching...at this point who cares about an cancel fee..they not even selling this phone anymore..imagine that.good luck to all the sanyo zio users..this is it for me

Journeyman

Re: Sanyo Zio touchscreen problems, multi-touch, and Android 2.2 (froyo)?

Agree with all the posts RE: the Sanyo Zio. It is sub-optimal. I have had more dropped calls, poor voice quality and glitches out the whazoo! I left Verizon because of Sprint's price point. Waiting for my contract to end and will probably go back to Verizon. The aggravation just isn't worth it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat