”With Sprint ID, Zio introduces a new level of personalization that allows users to completely customize their device to match their hobbies, interests or personalities.”
“Each ID offers a variety of unique apps, widgets, wallpapers and ringtones and gives users the opportunity to customize their device. Pairing Sprint ID with Zio, a robust and easy-to-use Android 2.1 device, offers a rich multimedia experience with a large intuitive touch-screen at an amazing price.”
Yasuhiro Oishi, vice president of sales and marketing at Kyocera Communications Inc.
“We are confident that Zio’s blend of style, functionality and affordability will make the virtually unlimited customization and personalization of Android available to entirely new groups of consumers who were intimidated by the technology or price of previous smartphones.”
“Zio humanizes the technology and puts the power of Android in a sleek, attractive device.”
• Zio is only 0.5 inches thick and weighs only 3.7 ounces, making it one of the thinnest, lightest Android devices on the market.
• 3.5-inch WVGA touch-screen
• 3.2 MP camera and 30-frame-per-second video record and playback.
• The Zio’s high-resolution, touch-screen display is like carrying a flatscreen TV that fits in a pocket.
• Multiple keyboard options -- all with haptic feedback, an accelerometer to rotate between landscape and portrait orientations and an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts screen brightness to optimize viewing.
• Easy-to-use trackball helps users navigate between the seemingly endless features found on Zio, including address book integration with such social apps as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace; GPS functionality and digital compass plus preloaded Google Maps™; media player for streaming videos; full HTML Web browser; and a full library of more than 80,000 widgets and applications available from Android Market™. Zio also features a pre-loaded Exchange Email application that supports corporate Outlook e-mail, calendar, contacts and tasks, while also supporting ActiveSync and enhanced security features.
• The jet-black exterior is trimmed in silver with a soft-touch back that helps ensure that it won’t slip out of your hands.
• With 512MB of internal memory, a 2GB microSD memory card (provided in box) and support for up to 32GB microSDHC cards, Zio can handle even the most robust of applications.
Pricing and Availability
Zio will cost just $99.99 with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade and after a $100 mail-in rebate (pricing excludes surcharges and taxes). It will be available starting October 10 in all Sprint retail channels, including www.sprint.com and 1-800-SPRINT1.
Sprint ID allows Zio to quickly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience, including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers, all at once. Packs are designed to meet customers’ interests, whether they are sports fans, fitness fanatics, auto enthusiasts or more. The packs could be brand-specific; allow users to easily switch between English or Spanish; or be specifically tailored to the customers’ businesses or lines of work. The marketplace of Sprint ID experiences is growing and customers can have one or up to five on their devices, powered by the Now Network.
Android Operating System
Equipped with Android 2.1 at launch and upgradeable to Android 2.2 at a later date. Sanyo Zio provides access to popular Google™ mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Gmail™ and YouTube™, and access to more than 80,000 applications available in Android Market™.