Did you mean: 

how good is the sanyo zio

Journeyman

does anyone have the sanyo zio if so how do u like it

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

I got a Zio for my daughter for her last upgrade.  At the time she was impressed with the flexibility offered by the Android world versus her Blackberry, and I was raving about my Epic.

Within a week, she was begging me to get her a different phone.  Convinced that she was "doing something wrong" I had her bring me the phone to show me why she was complaining.  Over the course of a couple of hours the phone was quite sluggish, hung repeatedly and required several restarts.  We went straight to the Sprint store and exchanged the Zio for the Optimus S.  She's had few if any problems since...

Don't take the Zio, even if it is free.

Journeyman

ZENCOWBOY7 you are lucky you were able to return your daughter's for a new phone of a different model. Lately, our daughter's Zio has been ringing for no reason at all and the only way to stop it is to turn it off. We were at the store two days ago and were told it's a problem from the manufacturer and they're supposedly working on a fix (it was supposed to be out that day), and so we are waiting for the "fix." The rep at the store said if we wanted to exchange the phone, we'd just end up getting another Zio which will still have the same problem.

So, stevennicki23, if you want the Zio, wait until the fix actually comes out.

Journeyman

Zio is one of the absolute worse phones in the world!  I hate hate it, and would love nothing more than to toss it in the river.  Too bad I can't even do an exchange because customer service is a nightmare!  DO NOT GET THIS PHONE.  Calls sound like you are talking to demons in Hell, it restarts, randomly takes pictures and has an issue with the internal antenna.  Not to mention you can't do the upgrades.

Journeyman

I thought that random ringing was just me!  Good to know I can add another thing to the list of malfunctions.

Journeyman

The random ringing is not just you. I called customer service last week and explained the situation - especially about having gone to the store and being told there would be a "fix" for the problem in just a few days - they gave me some other phone options and sent us a Samsung Intercept. So for us, customer service is much better than going to the store.

Journeyman

The zio looks nice but the touch screen is horrible you cant type messages without hitting the wrong buttons the touchscreen does not respond well the phone is very slow im returning mine and getting an evo or shift with the keyboard.

Journeyman

My Zio also rings randomly. I took my phone for servicing and it still does the same thing. Customer service has reset the phone twice, and it still does the same thing. I am very disappointed because this is my first touchscreen and smartphone. It really had me not wanting another touchscreen. I only got this phone because it was free. I am really not impressed by it!! The keyboard is slow and my internet is horrible! I am so ready to get rid of this phone!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat