cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with sanyo zio

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

why do i have a faint ringing sound on my sanyo zio?  when i push the volume button  up or down it says on my  screen in call volume and i dont have any  control of the volume for incomming texts or phone calls and also if i put pandora on it will not let me turn up the volume and the  ringing sound overtakes the music.  i hope someone can explain what is causing that ringing sound.          thanks dave
23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Try using menu, settings, sound and display, ringer volume. Adjust the ringer volume to whatever you would like it to be. After adjusting the ringer volume you can adjust the media volume which will effect the Pandora application. As far as the phone always thinking its in a call, this needs to be addressed by troubleshooting. First turn the device off and back on to see if the volume can be adjusted by the volume keys afterward. Let me know if we are still experiencing problems after adjusting the ringer/media volume and a power cycle. Hope this helps!

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Hey Dave,

I have the same problem now. I wanted to see how long the ringing lasted. So far 40 mins and still going.

I also have another problem with this phone. I'm always going into roaming. I was at a sprint location and I was in roaming. I switched my phone 3 times and they can't figure out my problems.

Hopefully we get our answers.

CECE

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I am having the same anomaly with my new Zio TWO DAYS after I activated it.  There is a low ringing tone for no reason that won't stop short of turning the phone off and on.  Then, again, for no apparent reason, it starts the faint ringing again.  Why is it doing this and how do you make it stop????

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I had talked to sprint techs they said to go to the location where you got the phone at and make sure the ringing is going off so they can hear it..... So far my phone rings off before noon when I'm at work. So I can't take it in. And never over the weekend. I've been to sprint plenty of times and they never resolved my issues with this damn phone.

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I'm so glad I've found two threads on this - cause I ended up running around my office one day swearing that someone's phone was just ringing and ringing.

A work around is to go to manage applications / running applications / dialer and either kill the app or clear it's cache. Makes the ringing stop.

I did go to a support locaiton, my phone was making the ring, and after they did a super secret magic reset, it kept doing it.

Just talked to Melody at customer support who claims the 2.2 update isn't suspended anymore, so perhaps they have fixed it with a different update.

Scott

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

Hi - I just got rid of the Zio and got a Palm Pre... but I think I found a solution to this problem before I ditched it. The low faint ringing in the ear piece seemed to be caused by the application "Android Ringtones". I uninstalled it and the ringing stopped. So, you might want to check to see if you have downloaded apps to add more ringtones and remove them. Good luck!

Journeyman

Re: problem with sanyo zio

My husband and I are having the same problem!! With both of our Sanyo Zios!! I did go to the support location and got the magic reset as well, which of course didn't work. The only thing that works is making a phone call, stops it temporarily. Sometimes it doesn't ring for a day or two, and then sometimes it rings every few hours, which is a nightmare at night, because my husband and I both use our phones as alarms. FYI This ringing is not a ringtone. It comes out of the earpiece, not the speaker. It sounds just like an old fashioned phone ring, ringing over and over and over again. We have had it UP TO HERE with it. We take good care of our phones so we didn't get the replacement insurance, so now we're stuck with with this annoying problem.We have the option of sending our phones back to Kyocera (not Sanyo, mind you), great! My husband and I both rely on our cell phones every day - so I'm supposed to be without a phone for a week?? ARGGGhHH.

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

It's because you're roaming that the phone makes that faint ringing sound. I actually love my sanyo zio. You have to turn off your roaming notification by unchecking the box that notifies you by making that ringing sound.

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I have this problem from time to time too. Usually, the faint ringing is accompanied by the phone continuously notifying me of a missed call that I've already been notified of many times, as if it's a NEW missed call. When the ringing occurs, I clear the data on the Dialer app and also clear the call log and it makes it stop. Overall, I've not been thrilled with the Zio. But it was free. So what are you gonna do?

Journeyman

problem with sanyo zio

I also have the same issue. See here for my experience.

Wizard

problem with sanyo zio

We are investigating the cause of this issue and we are going to be testing a fix in the near future to see if this resolves the issue. If you all are having this problem please post here with your city and state as the fix will have to rolled out to each market individually. Thanks for your continued patience as we work to get this issue resolved.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat